Topic ClosedTournament VII - Winners and prizes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 20:03
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Actually, TC and I have just been discussing the datasets and how to cut them.

What we're wondering is...

How would the tournament participants feel about a full or semi-full data set that you yourselves could analyse...?

We're talking a dump of each and every combat during the tournies, all participants and casualties etc.  Think of it as an entire XML dataset (we'd probably release it as flat files for download expediency!) of the full system logs for any combat on tournament squares during the tournie.

This would let everyone cut the data anyway they liked.  We're totally willing to accept anonymisation etc, though we equally accept that the granularity of that could also be compromised by other data sources that we do make public.

ofc, we're still happy to produce the tournie aggregate data ourselves as well, or indeed some hybrid where we aggregate data by some variables that largely anonymise data (eg by day, by attacker/defender, by unit type lost etc, but leaving out players and alliances.)

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?  (And I'm sure you do!)

Please pitch in here...!

SC

Can we get an update:  I have a unassigned petition from May 1st submitted at the request of Luna plus there was a good amount of input in this thread.  

Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 03:27
How are we going on the release of stats for the tourney or the data file to assess the information ourselves?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic