Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPostive effects of the war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
belargyle View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 16:15
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

I always have had a thing for those side hair buns... but does that make you Jabba the Hut, KP? 

Not sure about KP, but it DEFINITELY places Dlord as the Ewoks in this affair.. YES!!

Edited by belargyle - 14 Feb 2013 at 16:15
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 16:26
lmao, Bel!
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 16:26
I was gonna say Han Solo but that has slightly worrying implications for this thread so I guess I'll be Obiwan.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Wolfgangvondi View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 16:34
Originally posted by Elmindra Elmindra wrote:

(...) New confeds have been formed or have grown in size primarily because of this.  I think a good example is the Dark Star Dominion, who in my opinion may be one of the most powerful confeds in the game simply because of their geographical location and density.  No longer can an alliance or confederation of alliances be spread willy nilly all over Illyriad.  Weather or not this leads to a future war with regional battle lines drawn is another debate, but it could lead to some interesting times once TBL is released.

Oh, and we learned that walls mean jack.

Indeed, BSH, SCH, Tcol and Cok ( the "start" of the dominion) are for a long time now mutch mutch stronger that is mere "numbers" would say. Not only is the more "dense/concentrated force" in illy, but is also a very well coordinated force that is also able to move/act like one force.

Density, strength, coordination and focus. that is lethal.
And to had past alliances thinking that they could mess whit one of them, is prove for me, that in general a lot in illy din't see the huge potential there.
And now reinforced in numbers by new allies.

anyway... good things in this war... well from time to time, i get to see whats look like hundred of yellow army's and diplos pass by my towns.. looks pretty.

Daufer View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 01:38
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Most likely Consone will be forced to agree to Coalition demands, just like the vocal minority of the senate was forced to agree to Emperor Palpatines new Empire... but give it time and a rebellion will occur. 

Actually dude - you guys are the Empire, we're the rebellion and Kumo makes a great Princess Leia.

I was thinking more of how WWI led to WWII.  Of course that ended with pretty much the same winners and same losers, just a lot more dead.  I'm sure the Cold War will be a blast... again.  It would be interesting to see H? rebuilding ex-Consone as a buffer against a third power, though I don't really see that happening.  Maybe Illy isn't World War or Star Wars, maybe it's just Illy.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 01:42
WW1 leading to WW2 is a bit over-stated, imo.

But more importantly is how WW2 ended.

To suggest that leaving a defeated party with harsh reparations is somehow worse than burning and leveling cities seems absurd on its face.

And how does WW1 explain Japan's involvement in WW2?  Or China?
Daufer View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 01:45
Oh, and positive things:

[1] If you are a trader and you haven't made a bloody fortune, you've no one to blame but yourself

[2] New city locations opening up

[3] People twiddling their thumbs in the sandbox, wondering why everything we have is for making troops, making stronger troops or making troops faster?  Now we know.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 02:05
i got to mix some nice shades of pink warpaint and got to use my gold and silver glitters, it also made me watch my weight as i fight naked...i sharpened my fangs so i could drink the blood of my fallen enemies and to occasionaly feast on my allies...war is good and fun....dance the death dance
Daufer View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 02:23
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

WW1 leading to WW2 is a bit over-stated, imo.

But more importantly is how WW2 ended.

To suggest that leaving a defeated party with harsh reparations is somehow worse than burning and leveling cities seems absurd on its face.

And how does WW1 explain Japan's involvement in WW2?  Or China?

I suggested no such thing, as Illyriad is neither real life nor Star Wars.  

As to WWI leading to WWII, the German army wasn't crushed in the field, leaving many to believe that they could have fought on and had only lost due to a political stab in the back at home.  This resentment, combined with a punishment that Germans believed was undeserved and excessive, allowed Hitler to rise to power as an advocate of a militarily supreme and ideologically pure reich.  They also got the impression that you could steamroll Britain and France if you hit them hard and fast, that American troops were numerous but not that effective, and that Russia couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag.  All an enticement to go for round two.

Round Two ended with a lot of Germany burned and leveled, their military shredded, and an uncomfortable choice between surrender to the west and begging for mercy or conquest by Russia and a few decades of Stalin's tender mercies.  They made a choice and it worked out well for them.  This is not a recommendation for any future human or computer wars, just an observation.

The other Axis powers, Japan and Italy, both jumped into WWI on the allied side, hoping for big winnings when the reparations and former German or Ottoman colonies were handed out.  They felt that the Versailles Treaty screwed them and their participation left them more problems than gains.  When Germany rebuilt itself and grew stronger after the war and started looking for allies, they found friends in three former enemies who no longer trusted the British and the French.

But again, that is history and not Illyriad, it has nothing to do with the current in-game war, only an observation on human nature.
Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 04:11
Dear lord. Devs, whatever you do, please do not add nukes to Illyriad. (or the medieval equivalent: dragon-units).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic