Topic ClosedTrading with Faction Hubs: The Essentials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
khrystle-raine View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trading with Faction Hubs: The Essentials
    Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 00:08
THANK YOU... Very helpful... save one little thing that I'm not sure is incorrect or what:
Section Three:
'I. Accept a Buy Order. To do this, simply click the “Sell” button to the right of any buy order...'
'II. Accept a Buy Order. To do this, simply click the “Buy” button to the right of any sell order...'

I BELIEVE I've figured it out... I'll know if it works in a few hours, but one of these statements must be incorrect...no? (Please say yes...* smile *)
*khrys...
Comience como usted desean continuar;
Begin as you intend to continue..
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 17:43
Thank you.
NAAM Spokesman View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 01:34
Good work! Eventually add this link in order to offer alternatives to Centrum:

Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 00:06
Cost of traders are based on Fibonacci sequence: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144...

Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 19:22
Thanks for all the corrections, both via forum posts and IGMs. I'm kinda busy right now but I promise I'll update it ASAP.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 08:47
God i hope its not based on either exponential or fibonacci sequence (BTW not the same thing)

If its linear it will save us a lot of wine in the end.
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 07:14
Originally posted by Hora Hora wrote:

The 4th trader definitly costs 2 barrels (as I'm building that one the second time now, thanks to the fairies...), and I thought number 2 and 3 were 1 barrel....
Great Post nontheless!   Clap

The second and third are definitely one barrel each (much to my surprise on number three, when I thought I was still a barrel short).  I hear the progression of barrels required isn't linear (not just one extra barrel for every trader beyond the first), but is actually exponential (and follows the Fibonacci sequence).
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 23:18
The 4th trader definitly costs 2 barrels (as I'm building that one the second time now, thanks to the fairies...), and I thought number 2 and 3 were 1 barrel....
Great Post nontheless!   Clap
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 22:40
Excellent guide; however, there are some issues you may not be aware of:

The research to reduce Trader upkeep (Traders Luxuries, etc) does not work. I've had an outstanding petition on this issue for months. Trader upkeep does not show in your itemized tax report even though it does get deducted, so be cautious when adjusting tax rates. These two deficiencies are probably linked.

The research to amend trade orders doesn't work either; all you can do is cancel and replace an order, which requires no special research.

Another caveat: it's not really necessary to build more than 2 traders. Put one in Centrum and the second in your closest local hub to handle storage and inventory (I like putting all my inventory from all my towns in one place, the local hub, for ease of tracking). Actual trading in local hubs (apart from Centrum) is basically a waste of time. Yes there are occasional "good deals", but for the most part the selection is very meagre and the prices are usually ridiculous. Unless you have lots of time to go through all the items and compare prices every day, it's not worth the bother. Basically there are far too many hubs, none of which can attract enough business to be viable.

If you have an alt account, you may only want traders on either your main or your alt, but not both. Depending on your play style and town locations, you may not need traders for both accounts.

Edited by Llyr - 26 Jan 2013 at 23:15

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 22:28
Really great start -- thank you Hadus!

I am not sure about the quantity of wine per trader -- is it equal to the number of traders you already have? For some reason I thought someone said it was more than that.

I will read this more thoroughly later, but I really appreciate all your work -- well done, a great help to other players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic