Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed[RP Game] ALL THE SILVERSTEEL!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Vibs View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 09:59
Is house #5 available?
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 12:00
[Yes, Vibs.]
Scorpiain View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 17:02
To increase playability, Can you consider telling just one human to each human player.. rather than all the names?
That will stop them taking total control early on (as in a small game 2-3 votes could swing it way too fast)
MilkWater View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 17:19
I will join and play. Character details coming up..... Room 3 pls
MilkWater View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 17:33
I am a highly unusual dwarf in that I am not as hairy as my clan, but that is not the only way in which I am unusual;
I will clarify other differences at a later date.
I am the daughter of the clan chieftain Greypacer, and we live in a hamlet outside the mines in Ursor. My mam died during a fearsome attack by mountain trolls, so it has been left to me to run the Longhouse and village while my father ensures the smooth mining of Deep Silver. My character is one of affability and affection, with the strength and fortitude expected of our race.

Edited by MilkWater - 25 Jan 2013 at 19:02
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 09:52
[I think we need to make a move on this although there are not as many players as I would have liked despite the recruitment drive :( I'll have to tweak the mechanics a bit, was hoping to get a chaotic character in but that doesn't seem possible. Expect to start within 48 hours - tell your friends!]
dspn23 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:46
i guess i want to join... but i don't realy understand what it is all about can u explain a bit better?
Halithore View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 02:59
There are two opposing sides, In this version Dwarves and Humans. When the game starts you will get a message saying what character you are for the game which will either be a dwarf, a human or a special (The special will still be a dwarf or a human but has extra powers i'll cover in a minute). The aim of the game is for the dwarves to eliminate all the humans and the humans to eliminate all the dwarves, you must do this by working as a team.

The way it works is every 2 days there is a public vote where everyone votes for someone to be lynched (killed) or for there to be no lynch. The twist however is the dwarves do not know who the humans are whereas the humans know who is a human and who is a dwarf, this means they need to work together to kill off the dwarves while at the same time the dwarves must try work out who they think is a human. They can work this out by looking at things such as the voting of everyone, there can be certain patterns such as a group of players always voting the same which can give the humans away etc. After the vote every 2 days the majority vote happens, so say 6 out of 10 vote no lynch there is no lynch, if the majority is someone is lynched they are killed and their true identity (dwarf or human) is revealed. This continues until all of one team are killed.

The specials for each side as well as voting have a power to help their team out. In the last game there was one which let a player choose someone off the other side to kill once every 2 days for example. The special powers will be fully explained at the start of the game.

Throughout the game you post in here in character and the idea is to bounce of what everyone else is saying and build up the roleplay. It can sound complex but once you give it a go you should pick it up fairly quickly and there is always someone at hand should you still have any questions after starting.
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 11:23
[What Halithore says, I couldn't put it better. Don't worry, I'll guide you through it and you can mail me with any questions - just remember to keep checking the thread and to mail your vote every other day.

Specials: 

Assassin
Alignment: Humans
Special Action: Assassinate a dwarf
Description: The Assassin is a master of stealth and ruthless to the core. This character will stalk it's target until the opportunity to kill arises and hide the remains where they will never be found.

Blacksmith
Alignment: Dwarves
Special Action: Reinforce a dwelling
Description: Each night, the blacksmith will travel to the home of a dwarf and reinforce the doors so no assassin can enter. 

Master of the House 
Special Action: Spike drink
Description: Everyone visits the tavern! The Master of the House is not the barkeep but the mysterious owner. With access to everyone's drinks, this player can spike a drink which will knock them unconscious - preventing them voting or doing any special actions.

Necromancer
Special Action: 50% chance to reanimate the dead. 
Description: The Necromancer is a very powerful being. His power in the Dark Arts allows him to revive a player who has died. These players will be little more than zombies, unable to form a cohesive sentence and will vote with their master. 

Archaeologist 
Alignment: Chaotic
Special Action: Assassinate either a dwarf or human.
Description: The Archaeologist cares little for their dwarven brethren or the human invaders. The interest of this player is purely on preservation of the mines to prevent the destruction of rare fossils. His hatred of everyone around him has led him to murder one of them each night while they sleep. 

So far, this is the most specials I think we can support. I'll write the start post and update the player list asap, watch this space!]

Edited by Auraya - 02 Feb 2013 at 19:35
Coltaine Blackwing View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 15:28
Nicanor Thundercheek - not a reference to his snoring at all - had been visiting the Turalian mountains every four or five months for more years than he could count - just don't ask how high he can count. He stayed in room 8 every time, where he prepared for the occasion that could change his life forever. And forever is a long time indeed.

The purpose of his vacations from his own family mine was the singular task of proposing to Queen Auraya. Unfortunately something went wrong every time. Tripping on his own flowing brown beard had been solved by adopting the habit of tucking it into his belt, but there were plenty of incidents far beyond his control. Such as the time a passing miner slapped the back of a friend, resulting in a puff of some kind of dust billowing up in Nicanor's face. He sneezed, bursting apart the flower he had smuggled in from the wilds to give to the pointy-eared queen and making an unsightly mess of himself. Or the time something had gone wrong with a forge and its smoke didn't go up the right ventilation shaft. Instead it smoked out a den of subterranean lizards, who stampeded. Not that they were overly dangerous, but Queen Auraya was soft of heart and spent the rest of his stay cooing at the poor things after they were rounded up. And they soaked it up, on the rock lilies she found for them to lounge on, with all the rodents they could ever want adding to their bellies and making him hungrier by the day. Nicanor just couldn't compete.

But this would be the time, if nothing went wrong...like a human invasion or something...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic