Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSo we are at war, is it honorable....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 16:20
its a strategy war game, i am totally confused...there is suppose to be honor in war? its a game of personal relationships. honor and warring in a game?....i need a bigger shovel for what is being said in this topic.....back to making millions of ass dips....grins with fanged teeth....good strategy of the vic alliance, i see storm clouds to the east. i need to find a deep hole to hide in but all these words here keep filling it up with their logic...smelly stuff too!
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 16:24
It wasn't a question of a "Victory over a missing opponent" Deranzin.

It was simply sieging innactive cities in our heartland, the owner of them happened by chance to be an ex member of an alliance we are at war with who had never responded to previous enquires as to their stance on the war. If no one of your friends or alliance mates has ever sieged an innactive then you have a right to say something on the matter -  I doubt that is the case. As I explained originally the timing of the last siege was just unfortunate as Rhea became active again, but the situation has now been resolved.
As far as i can see this thread has totally changed tack and is just being used for propaganda purposes - with the exception of Anjire's post.
Therefore i will no longer bother to explain a perfectly justified siege on an innactive player and wish you joy of your attempt to blacken our alliances name.
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 16:42
I don't usually get involved in the circus that is this forum. However I would like to make a few things clear.

First Rhea, Yaweh and Denver are not the same person Denver is Yaweh's alt and Rheas alt is in a neutral alliance not involved in this war.

Secondly Vicx acted immedately in ending the attacks and sieges against Rhea for that we are grateful 

As for Aha I will not get into a debate about his honor or his reasons on this forum but I will say I think he acted without his alliances sanction in continuing with the siege (that is only a guess) And that he had sufficient information well before the siege was concluded that should of in my opinion been enough to recall his siege.

Last I want to thank Mahaut for her help in resolving this issue as quickly as she did.

Rhea holds no ill will against anyone and only wants to rebuild her account in peace. I ask that she be allowed to do so and this debate be put to rest.

Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 16:52
Originally posted by Mahaut Mahaut wrote:

Therefore i will no longer bother to explain a perfectly justified siege on an innactive player and wish you joy of your attempt to blacken our alliances name.

I never said ANYTHING about your alliances, but I spoke about the people that were involved presonally and I think that I was crystal clear on that. So, try a bit better if you want to avoid answering by shouting "propaganda" "propaganda" (another easy solution to many problems lately).

Also, that account was innactive temporarily and of what I see from the posts, many people knew why. 

It is totally different sieging abandoned accounts or inactives that will not return and sieging people that declared publicly a RL problem and said that they will be back whenever they resolve their issues.

EDIT : 

Once, during this war, I made the mistake of attacking an innactive neutral (haven't seen a pop chage for a long time and my IGM was unread for weeks) and when the person came back he IGMed me that he plays sporadically and asked to be left in peace even if he is 3 squares away from my city. I did so respecting his playstyle and I paid back in double for the damages (I had stolen some basic res and sent back lots of T2 res). 

Imho paying some compensation for making a mistake and respecting other people's playstyle and issues, is not "stupid".

If you think that such a belief "blackens" your image then that is your problem.

Edited by Deranzin - 29 Dec 2012 at 16:58
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 17:23
Deranzin - My final post on this issue - Nothing was declared publicly in any place we had access to. We were unaware of Rheas real life issues - why would you imagine we knew about them? As far as we were aware an account in our area had been innactive for more than two months and only sporadic activity prior to that, nothing more.  
EvilKatia View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 18:50
Mahaut, many people knew about Rhea issues because she talked about them on Gc BEFORE becoming 'innactive'. 

I guess somehow you werent aware, didnt know, it happens. Rhea is now back and have started rebuilding already.

This was just a sad chapter in the current war, I hope there will be no other case like this in the future.

Thanks you all (Pellinell Deranzin ANjire Mahaut Dude etc) for your posts

I believe The_Dude is entirely correct stating Rhea asked GC help and thus the community had a right to ask and be informed.
I also believe that even if Rhea did not ask such a thread would have pop up since she has many friends who naturally got angry by the way this mess occured.

Those forums have been made for people to express their opinions and feelings about game events and thus I will not say I am surprised this pop up. I hope it will serve its purpose and help those who need to vent,  inform those who need to know, and cool things down a bit for the rest.

As I say in my other post, all of you who feel concern please send Rhea an igm, to lose your mother is a very difficult part of life and message from her friends might do her some good at this point

P.S. I am NOT making a case against some alliance or players here. It is not my role as I am not implicated in this war. I think the only case I am trying to make or should be made is Rhea's. She's the one to have suffer in this and since T-O is NOT in this war we will let those at war argue over who should be blame or not, and help our new member rebuild instead. 

Edited : cause my english grammar is shaky at best Ouch

Edited by EvilKatia - 29 Dec 2012 at 18:51
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 19:14
I thank those involved for bring this matter to resolution. I'm glad that someone... who has no malice towards others... who loves this game can continue to play it, and draw support from her online friends during a rough spot in her life.  
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 23:09
Originally posted by Mahaut Mahaut wrote:

Deranzin - My final post on this issue - Nothing was declared publicly in any place we had access to. We were unaware of Rheas real life issues - why would you imagine we knew about them? As far as we were aware an account in our area had been innactive for more than two months and only sporadic activity prior to that, nothing more.  

Yes, and you are missing my point ... MISTAKES HAPPEN ... the point is what we do AFTERWARDS to rectify our mistakes and be as happy as you can be about ourselves and our behaviour ;)

Have a great new year everyone :)

Edited by Deranzin - 29 Dec 2012 at 23:15
EvilKatia View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 01:26
same for you deranzin :)
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 01:45
Orc way: Oh they felt sad about what I did, Kill them aswell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic