Topic Closed29NOV12 - Sovereignty Stew

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 29NOV12 - Sovereignty Stew
    Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:59
I went to update it a 3rd time.. and lost it somewhere in a F5 move I think.. and then just dropped reporting it at all. Some weeks later I saw this thread 2 days ago, and said self say something here where they can see it for a 3rd time.

Rill, its not one city.. its two, not even CLOSE, that are affected, its not one sov that's affected, its more in both cities. I have leveled them up, and never get the option to level up the building "type" on the sov. Did I notice it right away? no. I just leveled up the option to sov, had to wait the day, 2, days, 3 days.. and never noticed as I'm a busy girl, and when I noticed, I could not, and the gold and rp was being extracted, I placed a petition. When it happened in 2nd city, I updated said petition.

Exodus is not really an option I'm going to take. I'm giving the Devs the benefit to fix it. I would have appreciated an acknowledgement BEFORE I found this thread..and again thanks for thanking me for my patience Luna. I was not dissing The_Dude, but merely indicating I believe I have seen The Dude, perhaps I should check glasses, cuz it may have the The Duke.. no matter who said it it was said, but I wasn't degrading anyone .. Ya'll are tops in my book.

I think the Devs know I'm disenfranchised... I'm sure I'm top priority. KIDDING!.  But do hurry up.

Edited by Diva - 02 May 2013 at 01:30
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:32
Please don't continue to derail the topic talking about player names.

If you have an open petition about a sov issue, please feel free to update it. We are aware of continued issues in the system and will hopefully be able to address them yet again. Thanks for your patience.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:14
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

On another note, there are multiple players with "dude" in their names in Illy, as well as of course The Duke.  The_Dude is well aware of this, so is perhaps poking gentle fun at himself in his suggestion that confusion about his identity is in any way related to the new player guide.
TheDiva says "The Dude" which could only refer to me.  Not "some dude".  Not The Duke who, like TheDiva, has been referred to as "TD" on GC from time to time (much to my chagrin.)

I am not poking gentle fun at myself.  I have heard from many, many players over the last year and half or so questioning my identity.  This is promoted on GC daily by the false statements in the new player guide.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:10

Exodus would not necessarily terraform the square she is currently on to a 5-food square. ****
That has been my observation.  I think it is designed to prevent players from populating multiple 7 food sqs through terraforming.  But there are probably glitches that allow some 7 food to retain that character after Exodus.  TheDiva should not have to play Illy-Glitch Lotto.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:00
Exodus would not necessarily terraform the square she is currently on to a 5-food square.  It is possible that I haven't understood TheDiva's sovereignty issues; it was my understanding that she is afflicted by the bug that makes her unable to cancel the sovereignty she previously claimed and then lost, which means that she has "ghost" sovereignty squares that she is then unable to claim.

Exodusing her city and then re-Exodusing back to the same square would resolve the problem without the negative effects described by TD.

On another note, there are multiple players with "dude" in their names in Illy, as well as of course The Duke.  The_Dude is well aware of this, so is perhaps poking gentle fun at himself in his suggestion that confusion about his identity is in any way related to the new player guide.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 23:47
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

I don't remember which The Dude asked me "why are you still here (sic) living with the glitches?".

TheDiva, there is only 1 The_Dude in Illy and he is me.  I understand that there is confusion regarding my identity caused by the false statements contained in the popular new player guide frequently linked to GC.  But there is no "which."  Only me.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 23:45
I think the suggestion that Diva should suffer Exodus due to a bug that has plagued her for several months is absurd.

1) Exodus will not ensure she will not be afflicted again by this bug.  
2) Exodus will terraform the square the city is currently on to a 5 food sq.  
3) Exodus exacerbates her damage caused by the bug by setting back her development further.

I may have misunderstood TheDiva on GC, but as I understand it this glitch is hitting all her cities.  And she is unable to add new Sov claims which means that the Exodus limit of 10 sqs might not be avoided by claiming a level 5 Sov (since she is unable to claim it).
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 08:40
I am with Rill here. 

An ideal situation would be that the devs fix it but you might not want to hold your breath.

I suggest you do the exodus and get on with your gaming.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 06:42
Yes, exo one square over or two squares -- if you have a nearby square that would be more favorable to your goals, this would be a good time to make that move.  I'm trying to suggest something that will work as a solution that you can control.  It is less painful than razing the city and will allow you to get on with the game.

I don't know when or whether this glitch will be fixed, but the track record for fixing sovereignty glitches is not particularly good (it usually takes months or years, if it is fixed at all).  My personal approach would be to assume that it will not be fixed in a timely manner and then figure out how to move on.

My purpose is not to argue about whether this is "right" or "wrong" or "bad" or "good."  I'm just speaking from my observation of this sort of thing, and I'd recommend that you take steps, even though painful, to change the situation in a way that you can control.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 05:26

Exodus your city, Diva.  That should reset the sov.  Yes, it's painful and shouldn't be necessary, but if you'd exo'd 4 months ago your cities would be rebuilt by now.

And why would I do that? explain .. like one square over? move to another area? Exodus is really painful imo.

And I was explaining how it hindered my gameplay. Doesn't that count and what I've lost in PAYING FOR IT (gold/rp/mana)?.. and you say 4 months ago  I should have exodus'd and been happy to do that? You are not feeling my pain. How would I know it would take 4 months to even get acknowledged.. I talked to the right people WAY before this. I like the game, not the glitch. Do you feel it will never be fixed, so why b**** about it? C'mon.

Edited by Diva - 01 May 2013 at 05:32
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic