Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIllytools and the war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:07
As this is against the rules of Illy I think the devs need to take rapid and immediate action. Pretty weak form from so called "Good Guys". I guess H? is not as evil as most think. Look at the people who say they are helping you. I guess Illy Tools is a nice way for a third party to gather information about players.
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:15
I think its seems entirely reasonable to disable it.  
The author of it is in an alliance at war. By disabling the tool he has made it so that accusations about his alliance being able to access information from an enemy alliance can no longer be made.

PirateKing View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:26
Doubtful that Illy tools would leak account information.  Were that the case I am sure they would not have shut it down.  Harmless should shut down the Illy Wiki and Butler to be equally spiteful.  Evil Smile
Aarrr! Thar be no better friend than making friends with a pirate!
~SouthSeasPirates~
Turgor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:28
It no way does disabling a tool to certain members violate any Illy rules .. please see here the rules that ALL third party approved add-ons must adhere too - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/rules-regarding-third-party-tools_topic756.html

Eaque has been kind enough to allow ALL users of Illy to use his tool. however, why should we allow our opponents an easier time of things during conflict? It also removes any chance of people crying wolf over 'gaining information' as the previous post points out. 
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:29
It is not reasonable at all. This is a third party tool created to enhance game play for everyone. Disabling it, is just against the idea behind it.

Anyways, I have just removed Illy Tools and will never touch it again. This is just wrong.

and about "accessing information". If there is a slightest possibility of accessing information through Illy Tools, the devs should not allow its usage and distribution. Simple as that.
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:30
Originally posted by Mahaut Mahaut wrote:

I think its seems entirely reasonable to disable it.  
The author of it is in an alliance at war. By disabling the tool he has made it so that accusations about his alliance being able to access information from an enemy alliance can no longer be made.

Is it  disabled for all the alliances at war with EE or only H?

If only H? it  can cause conflict about the use of third party tools. 

Also you can still get information about anyone in H? from illytools the same as it was before it was disabled.  The program pulls information from the server.

Also why disable it i mean yea all is fair in love and war but it just makes me wonder if Consone / EE is worried or having second thoughts about all the war... or have we won already just out of fear
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:35
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

As this is against the rules of Illy I think the devs need to take rapid and immediate action. Pretty weak form from so called "Good Guys". I guess H? is not as evil as most think. Look at the people who say they are helping you. I guess Illy Tools is a nice way for a third party to gather information about players.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't any way that the tool would have been released if it was possible to access the information.  However from Eaque's point of view that hasn't stopped people accusing it of being so.  See my quoted post above from Gragnog...who is accusing it of so doing even AFTER it has been disabled. 
I can totally see why Eaque dosen't want that sort of thing going on.
Dieneces View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:38
It should be foe everyone or none  not just a few either way.
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:41
if you have illytools installed ( and it works ) you can get information about anyone in illy it takes the information from the server.  you can see how long ago it was since someone had activity on their account, city locations and populations also the redbird tacking is great to catch thieves.  That is only some of the great options of illytools.

I am disappointed in EEK for making such a great tool for the better enjoyment of the game to disable it over politics.

There are many things EEK can find out from illytools since he does have the server so he can tell when someone used the program last and i believe even get ip addresses for those whom have installed it if i remember correctly.
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:42
To my knowledge, no one has questioned the integrity of Eaque's site from Harmless, at least we didn't until this morning so I don't buy that excuse, in fact, I encouraged our members to use it.  I regret that recommendation now.  EE declared war on H, he pulled H access, at least own up to it.    As for data collection, we know it is possible and the tool was working last night, no telling what changes he made to the script before he disabled it for H members.     As far as I am concerned, his integrity is in question and again, we have advised our members we do not consider this a safe site.     Trust has been broken and it will not be restored.
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic