Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25Sep2012 Cotter Changes
    Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 00:26
A few changes for cotters
  • Scavenging: This is now working properly and cotters will now scavenge equipment.
  • Accurate Completion times: Rather than using a completion time of the maximum possible, then sometimes finishing early - cotters will now show a completion time based on how many items they can pick up on a square and how many units there are.
  • Changing Completion Times: Herbs grow, new minerals discovered, new battles may occur. If new items become available on a square while the cotters are still gathering, each time they harvest (once per hour) they will re-assess their completion times to match.
  • Armies and: Neutral cotters will no longer survive visits from alliance armies and vice versa.
  • Adaptable: Previously cotters after arriving at a square would pick an item and harvest only that, returning when they had depleted it or were full.  Now they will gather everything they can from a square, changing as one time is depleted onto the next via:
  • Priorities: Cotters now gather in a priority preference, with the order and reasons as follows:
    1. Equipment - being most valuable
    2. Hides - being time limited
    3. Minerals  - will come back if over harvested
    4. Herbs - widespread, so over harvesting not too detrimental
    5. Grapes - localised and scarce so careful harvesting is required
  • Accurate Next items: The next item to be harvested will change as the cotter works its way through the items on the square.

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 26 Sep 2012 at 04:34
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 00:30
well my cotters managed to harvest some vangaurd stuff without the changes...

but thanks Im sure my cotters will appreciate your hard work and dedication, they told me they are going to work doubly hard!!!, they better...

I dont understand the neutral cotters vs alliance armies, do you mean neutral alliance armies kill cotters, isn't that what happened anyway?  If I send my cotter to a square with a neutral alliance army occupying it, it will die, as they did?

Edited by bansisdead - 26 Sep 2012 at 00:41
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 00:48
The neutral alliance vs. cotters was a bug, that has been corrected. 

You can now only harvest on a spot with an army if the army belongs to you or an alliance/confed/NAP third party, as intended.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 01:12
there are new mineral spawns?

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 01:16
Minerals can be depleted but then will re-appear at the same location.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 01:21
thanks rill... i was scouring the map for new nodes

Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 01:24
I thought basic minerals also relocate if you try to drop a city on them?
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 03:06
I sent cotters to a square with equipment on the ground and when they got there, they say they're collecting skins? Is this a bug or will they actually grab the equipment despite saying they're collecting skins? 
Callous View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 04:13
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

• Scavenging: This is now working properly and cotters will now scavenge equipment.
  • Accurate Completion times: Rather than using a competition time of the maximum possible, then sometimes finishing early - cotters will now show a competition time based on how many items they can pick up on a square and how many units there are.
  • Changing Completion Times: Herbs grow, new minerals discovered, new battles may occur. If new items become available on a square while the cotters are still gathering, each time they harvest (once per hour) they will re-assess their competition times to match.
  • Armies and: Neutral cotters will no longer survive visits from alliance armies and vice versa.
  • Adaptable: Previously cotters after arriving at a square would pick an item and harvest only that, returning when they had depleted it or were full.  Now they will gather everything they can from a square, changing as one time is depleted onto the next via:
  • Priorities: Cotters now gather in a priority preference, with the order and reasons as follows:
  • Accurate Next items: The next item to be harvested will change as the cotter works its way through the items on the square.

Am I misreading this or should competition be completion in the bolded instances above?
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 04:34
Originally posted by Callous Callous wrote:

Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

• Accurate Completion times: Rather than using a competition time of the maximum possible, then sometimes finishing early - cotters will now show a competition time based on how many items they can pick up on a square and how many units there are.
  • Changing Completion Times: Herbs grow, new minerals discovered, new battles may occur. If new items become available on a square while the cotters are still gathering, each time they harvest (once per hour) they will re-assess their competition times to match.

Am I misreading this or should competition be completion in the bolded instances above?
Yep, spell check error. Right spelling, wrong words XD

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 26 Sep 2012 at 04:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic