FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCall to all Alliances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 17:39
I'd like to promote Kilotov's suggestion, as it occured to me frustrating to send traders around Elgea without seeing many blooming hubs.
Therefor I can only support the idea of actively shaping the market as we want it.
At the moment I personally run a project, to envive the "Zhuhai trade hub" as a local hub. It got lots of nice feedbacks from all over the allies and seems promising ...

To be read here:

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/zhuhai-faction-hub-a-project-to-shape-the-market_topic4237.html

As I considered the Pro's of a local eastern trade hub there extensively, I won't do it here again.
Hope lots of you join this project. See your traders and goods soon ....
                                     Zhuhai  (Laoshin at 846 / 229) 
Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 17:46
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Port Tal is being used my most of the alliances in the South...
StA and H? mostly, but it's turned into a more general Southern trade hub now. Illy geographics work in wonderful ways.
Kilotov V2.0 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:26
so, i have sent a trader to the barracks, and i am disappointed. it sucks, ladies and gentleman. 
Yhina View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 12:34
were you expecting another "centrum" ?   considering the first trader is "wine-free", it might take a while for the mass to expand to other hubs...
Spheniscidae View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 13:04
For the north-east (Laoshin, Tamarin, Qarosslan, even Ursor): How about Qi Quien? It has neutral faction standing for all races, and is probably the only faction hub in the north-east that isn't Orc or lizard people. 

(Was also considering the Barracks...but the Barracks is on an island. For those people without access to the rivers/sea, that might pose some problems with access when/if pathfinding ever comes out.)
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 14:08
As I wrote in another thread, the factional standing is default at the moment, as it gets renewed. Therefor it isn't a parameter yet for a good or a bad hub. In the moment Faction standing gives marginal difference, so you actually have a tax rate of 3,43 % at Centrum and 4% in Zhuhai. In future Faction standing will get updated and hubs will get influencable by playerinteraction. At least this is, what was a goal once.
However, a parameter, that should not be overlooked is the position on the map. And that is, where Zhuhai scores against Qi Quien.

So let's try to get trade running at Zhuhai hub and to make it a blooming eastern Elgea market.
We started this market shaping project 3 days ago, and already have a wide spread variety of goods and a growing daily turnover.
Projects like this only work, if people are willing to take chances to make a few lesser margin as at Centrum yet, but with a rising presence of traders, orders and arising competition market occurence  outer Centrum trading will get more attractive.
Some allies are willing to discuss (or already doing) the support of this hub, so give allycrossing cooperation and active market shaping at Zhuhai a try ...

Zhuhai ( 846 /229 )               ... a pilot project for strong regional markets
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 19:11
I still like Qi Quien better than Zhuhai, sorry.
dmar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 11:11
Urukonium in Kal Tirikan is another active hub.

I have traders at Nessim and Hohnsval, too.  They're only mildly active.

Port Tal has been mentioned, I can corroborate it has decent activity.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 13:42
My roaming trader from Cake Harbour is fun, I got two barrels of wine in Kajadum, spent millions in Lantellyn, and picked up a few black panther furs in Jarru.   Admittedly many hubs were still disappointing. 
EvilKatia View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 18:27
Currently Shelton 428 -214 (in Lucerna on the border of Perigor) is starting to pick up a bit of trade. Not a big center but practical to those nearby. Come and visit :)

edited to correct a mistake in the state where its situated.

Edited by EvilKatia - 24 Sep 2012 at 18:30
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic