Topic ClosedHarvesting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_duQ View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harvesting
    Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 14:10
After a first test of the harvesting system, it seems to me that the whole process is a really laborious process. Dead

I would suggest to be able adding gatherers to armies.
Most player are occupying rare material spots anyway.
That would make sense to skin the animals/creature just after the attack. 

Permanent occupation spoils gathering imo. perhaps some critters or faction army could liberate non sovereignty-claimed squares.

I personnally don't like farming like that. You could probably make some money by automatizing some gathering elements.
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 17:12
hey prestige is cool, but pay to win is not.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 18:26
People are already paying to win by prestiging harvesters to distant locations.  I think the option to prestige gatherers should be removed.  It defeats the purpose of localized resources when people can pay to instantly gather anywhere on the map.
Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 20:29
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

People are already paying to win by prestiging harvesters to distant locations.  I think the option to prestige gatherers should be removed.  It defeats the purpose of localized resources when people can pay to instantly gather anywhere on the map.

Agree to that.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 21:25
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

People are already paying to win by prestiging harvesters to distant locations.
+1  Didn't know that this is possible, it's a seriously bad "feature"Thumbs Down
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 21:37
I actually don't mine the prestiging harvesters across the map. I think some players were dealt a bad hand in the rare mineral department and this is their only hope of harvesting any. 

Also it requires prestige, and I am all for players spending prestige to further the game, so long as it doesn't create an imbalance. Harvester bumping doesn't seem like an imbalance to me, considering the cost (prestige) to do it across the map. 

DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 18:57
I have zero problems with players being able to pay prestige to send gatherers all the way across the map.  It really doesn't give them that much of an edge and helps support the devs.  Hell I hope people do it more often.  

Just like, i like the medals because I won't use them but other ppl will support the devs by making them.

When they come up with, insta siege by paying 100 prestige then I will have a problem with pay to win.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 06:33
Cool revive the old thread.

Devs have to get paid somehow correct?  and prestige is thus far the only way i know they are getting paid.  So if someone wants to pay a dollar so he can sprint his harvesters across the map so he harvest something that he could have just bought anyway.  Than all the power to him.  Oh and lets not forget the fact that he can still get bumped and then it was all for naught. 

When the devs have something that says pay 1k prestige and you and insta-siege an enemy city.  Then I will start worrying about it.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 07:08
You're talking to a spambot.  It can't actually compose thoughts, you'll notice it just parrots previous posts.  
Anyway, I expect some Holy Champion will be along shortly to put this abomination back in the ground where it belongs. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic