Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How Rare is my Mineral Rare? - Mineral Survey Data
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow Rare is my Mineral Rare? - Mineral Survey Data

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 20:17
Originally posted by JimJams JimJams wrote:

Originally posted by Mogul Mogul wrote:

Last two Silversteel mines I scouted where both full (with 1000 units) and no miner on them. That is probably related to very short harvesting time (arround 30 minutes) and fast regeneration.

I am surprised by the production potential of silversteel mine, if your data are right, and a little upset. May be the devs idea about Silversteel was it would require a community effort to really use the full potential of the mine, but I think this will not be the case, a large alliance can manage to use the full potential with their members alone.

If the production can be potentially so high, Silversteel equipped whole armies could not be a chimera and a war over the mines will be unavoidable.

Silversteel will be for commanders only. Even if production times could be reduced, the supply of silversteel is too rare. 1 silversteel plate on a human t2 cavalry is only about an extra 15 attack points. What is more important, 15 attack points, or 1 million gold? You could easily sell the extra silversteel to make up for the negative gold you would go into by having an additional 25% cavalry. 

Even with just commanders silversteel will remain rare. 3 silversteel per commander, 5 commanders per city, 10 cities per player; that's 150 silversteel per end game account. 

Whomever owns the silversteel supply in Illyriad will either become the richest player/alliance in the game, or will suffer the greatest losses in Illyriad history when they suffer silversteel troop losses during combat. 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 21:05
1000 silversteel mined per day times 5 mines = 5000 silversteel per day = 1 piece of silversteel per active player per day, or 10 silversteel per day for the top 500 players.  (Not saying this is how it should be allocated or how it will be used, just saying that's a lot of silversteel.)
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 22:12
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

1000 silversteel mined per day times 5 mines = 5000 silversteel per day = 1 piece of silversteel per active player per day, or 10 silversteel per day for the top 500 players.  (Not saying this is how it should be allocated or how it will be used, just saying that's a lot of silversteel.)

That's if the Silversteel is being mined at 100% efficiency. I am guessing that currently it is around 30-40% efficiency. 

With a well coordinated alliance, i think its possible to get it up to 70-80% efficiency. 

JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 00:59
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I haven't ownership of any of the mines, so, to me, is way TOO MUCH :-)
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 17:32
Per day? It takes 30 minutes to mine, according to Moguls earlier post. I haven't heard anything avbout how fast it regenerates but significanlty more than 1000 per day should be possible somehow....
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 17:40
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

Per day? It takes 30 minutes to mine, according to Moguls earlier post. I haven't heard anything avbout how fast it regenerates but significanlty more than 1000 per day should be possible somehow....

My estimates were somewhat conservative.  The maximum number of miners in a city is 860 (with 21 miners guilds).  Honestly not many folks are going to be willing to dedicate an entire city to miners -- much less the multiple cities and/or players that would be required to make a mine completely efficient.  It would not be difficult to extract 10k silversteel a day, however.

I was saying that even if silversteel mines are controlled by people who are merely human (or dwarf/elf/orc) and do not dedicate every fiber of their being to producing silversteel, there will still be a lot of silversteel out there.
jordigui View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 17:53
 Too much silversteel in too few hands ...

Please, inform the police if you see your neigbourgh exploiting a Silversteel mine ;)

TH

Kilotov V2.0 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 18:06
haters are gonna hate.
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 14:04
Originally posted by Kilotov V2.0 Kilotov V2.0 wrote:

haters are gonna hate.

;-)
Nah, I don't hate dwarfs.... 
Thes Hunter View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 18:20
Originally posted by jordigui jordigui wrote:

Too much silversteel in too few hands ...

Please, inform the police if you see your neigbourgh exploiting a Silversteel mine ;)

TH

I think it would be an bigger injustice to see your neighbors holding a silversteel mine and not harvesting it effectively (aka exploiting it). Wink
The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic