Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDemolish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Demolish
    Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 10:34
Actually all remotely critical actions not involving other players SHOULD get an UNDO option.  Unrelated example:  In trade v1 all clicked buttons were greyed out until the server switched to a "done" page.   Since trade v2 some buttons flip from red to grey and back to red too fast to see it, can be clicked again if you're not sure what happened, and result in the same action twice or more often, e.g., sending 20 instead of 10 vans if you have enough vans and goods, building 100 instead of 50 stalwarts, and so on.

This is just FUBAR:  All buttons SHOULD behave as in trade v1; it can take minutes over a lousy connection until the server shows that you initiated the intended action more than once.  An immediate UNDO option could fix most of these situations, I'm no fan of extra confirmations.

Update:  Worse example, sometimes I manage to click demolish for 5 of 8 level 2 sov structures, before the server rudely grabs the focus from #6 showing that demolition #1 is now in progress.  My 6th click ends up on a random place on the sov page; fortunately it is not possible to hit cancel sov 5 somewhere in this scenario.  Switching sov structures from, say, all military academies 2 to jousting yards 2, is something I have to do almost daily in several towns.Ouch

Edited by dunnoob - 10 Sep 2012 at 10:55
Humbled View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 05:00
Originally posted by Kabu Kabu wrote:

How about a confirmation pop-up window? ...

THIS.

Just had a fellow alliance member somehow mis-click Demolish on a building and since there's no option to cancel, he lost a level on a building he did not want to demolish.

So a couple ideas here:

1) A confirmation dialogue box: "Are you sure you want to Demolish 'X' building?"
2) The ability to cancel demolition.  I can't foresee a problem allowing community members to cancel a pending demolition going on in their town, can you?

Would just add a little fail-safe security for those of us playing when over-tired, or too wired on caffeine and spam-clicking stuff. LOL
Theomac View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 19:09
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

A different tab so on the example above it would be "Town Map" "Barracks Summary" "Unit Production" and "Demolish" would be best, in my opinion.  It never pays to underestimate my stupidity, particularly when I'm sleep deprived.  If it must be on the same page, having it far away from the upgrade button would definitely be better.

If it were in a different tab as I've described above, it would still be part of the individual building selection, so one would know which building one was demolishing.

CryI accidentally demolished a building yesterday.   

I'd like to see the Demolish button moved as Rill suggested. I realize that the devs can't fix stupid! Wacko 
And that is my own problem.   

Having this button on the building is much better than in the castle.  Thanks.Big smile
Progressor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:30
+1 for demo from building screen. Be it in a building tab or otherwise.
Kabu View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 09:27
How about a confirmation pop-up window? We could have the Demolish button somewhere next to the Upgrade button and it would still be faster than loading a whole page and scrolling a drop-down list.
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 05:01
Combining like suggestions into one thread. 

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 04:33
Please put a demolish button in the summary of the building along with the upgrade button.... It would make the game more user friendly and also for those of us who are trying to figure out which of our multiple cotters is which to demolish it would be a big help. 
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
Raatalagk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 17:26
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

Ack!  I didnt see your posting Raatalagk, I meant not to steal your idea!

No worries! I don't care who gets the credit, I just want it implemented! Wink
Cerex Flikex View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 07:39
We really do need an update. /me bribes the devs with chocolate brownies.
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 05:32
That would not be good for people that have a touchy mouse. I second what Rill says and have a second tab or an updated demolish page. 
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic