Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarket change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Market change
    Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 06:42
So I was thinking there could be one minor change that would be useful. It would be good to add a small calculator that you can make your order based off of.

It would be

A   *    B    =    C

A= Number of item
B= Price per item
C= Total cost of items being sold or bought.

How it differs is currently we have to put in A and C in order to get an order done in the market. What it would allow us to do is if we wanted to say sell 1000 of a particular item at 200 we can just put in A and B. If we wanted to try to sell to get 4 million gold we can put it in C and then place the price per item you wish to sell and it would calc out the number needed to sell.

I know most of this is fairly simple math and most can do it without a huge amount of thought. I just figured it would be a minor adjustment for making the market a little more player friendly.
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 07:04
distance dude, where is distance? 
you need a modifier for distance to..
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 07:08
Distance isn't a factor for costs... Its simply to make the inputting of orders a little quicker than having to calc it yourself. 
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:45
how is distance (travel time) not a factor? it HAS to be a factor, i got but 70 caravans, and if those will be around for half a week i wish to be paid for that. 
Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:35
Distance isn't a factor in what something costs currently. The idea in this thread simply makes it easier to sell something at a certain price without having to do any math, it doesn't propose that the trade system be modified in any way.
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 14:36
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 16:20
under trade v2 the buyer's caravans will be transporting the goods, so the seller's caravans won't be tied up, except to transport the goods to a faction hub in the first place.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 17:07
Yes, the distance issue is moot, given that the v1 market will be distance-limited soon™.
A simple Javascript "enter two of the three figures and we'll auto-fill the third box" would help a lot.
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 23:18
Yes I understand that travel time is an overall cost but it is not relevant to placing an order in this way as there is no specific variable for distance and/or time. That would be determined by how often said vans are used, how high value the resources you normally trade are, and a number of other variables.

That being said it also has nothing to actually do with the proposed idea. The idea was simply a slightly more stream lined version of the market that allows a player to place orders in based on different numbers depending on what they wanted to do. I kind of went over it in the example from the first post... If you just wanted to sell X items and price Y the idea allows you to. If you wanted to put an order in to get 5 mil gold for price Y it could just calc out items for you. I believe it would be a fairly easy adjustment as all you need to do is link the 3 boxes together that once 2 are filled in the 3rd will auto calculate.

A * B = C

Plug in any 2 letters and 3rd would populate.
Innoble View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 00:01
I get your idea and I support it. I hate having to multiply numbers with my calculator just to get a market order up. The game should do this for me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic