Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSave Notifications for 24 Hours Minimum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save Notifications for 24 Hours Minimum
    Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 01:01
Now that we only receive notifications (not mails) of activities involving our gatherers, it is very easy for those notifications to "slip off" the report screen when we are say ... sleeping.  I would like to request that notifications be maintained for a minimum of 24 hours.

In addition, it would be helpful to break down trade notifications into Gathering and Trade; my search for how many Brascan Seeds are left on a square is complicated by not being able to filter out caravan dispatches for quests and gifts sent to new players, not to mention trade offers posted and accepted and caravans sent between towns.

For active players and/or those with a large number of cities (and I only have 8!), sifting through the notifications is a lot of effort, and I don't see that it necessarily adds value to the game experience.

I know that we can't do everything, but it seems reasonable to give us tools to enable us to be successful at our chosen paths whether we are casual gamers who only want to check in once a day or obsessive gamers who want to manage armies of cotters.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 01:03
Addition: Of course, being able to search Notifications for anything referencing Brascan Seed or square 500/628 or other factors (in addition to maintaining them for longer) would be even better!
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 01:52
nice idea, would be cool to be able to toggle what kind of message to save and which one to ignore, or which ones to delete faster ( kinda like setting priorities, low for quest and such or high for whatever one wishes for )
lokifeyson View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 02:39
Originally posted by lokifeyson
<span style=font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; : rgb251, 244, 225; >Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 04:49</span>  lokifeyson Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 04:49  wrote:

are we listening to the vets at all? lol, instead of fixing the issues in the mail and maybe actually improving the mail as killer poodle suggests, your just not going to mail us anymore.

so how long can i keep a notification around for? mail is permanent, that's why i like it myself

quoting myself now from older threads lol great...
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 02:55
You can click on notifications then on trade. There are very lot of notifications saved there including harvesting reports.

lokifeyson View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 03:15
Originally posted by Bonaparta Bonaparta wrote:

You can click on notifications then on trade. There are very lot of notifications saved there including harvesting reports.

lol yeah and its very cool, too bad i dont control when they get deleted, and in fact igm deletes on its own as well eventually so...whatever, will just learn to live with it as i have a bunch of other things in the world of illy Wink
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 04:45
The notifications that appear when I click on trade rarely cover a period of more than 10 hours.  So basically I'm not allowed to sleep if I want to know what's going on with my cities.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 05:07
Besides, my guilds are supposed to keep records, they researched that before they had any guild member... Embarrassed 
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:49
It happened to me to bump a friend gatherer. I never noticed a message or notify about it.
I am not sure if this is because the message or notify just is not generated for the bump event (on the bumper side) or if it simply scrolled away while I was sleeping....

So...

+1 for the proposal
Progressor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 13:10

Addition to this decent suggestion:
Add a 'read marker', a line that is above the notification that was there the last time you checked your notification. When I log I often have like 30⁺ notifications, and I don't want to count messages till I got all the new ones.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic