FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCentral Trade Hub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Arkenor Oakshadow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 22:33
Do we know if all the trade-hubs will have the same tax rate?

For instance, the more central and/or popular ones might raise their taxes to take advantage of that.
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 22:41
Originally posted by Arkenor Oakshadow Arkenor Oakshadow wrote:

Do we know if all the trade-hubs will have the same tax rate?

For instance, the more central and/or popular ones might raise their taxes to take advantage of that.

I don't think they will. Trade hubs of factions that you and your alliance are friendly with will have lower taxes. 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 22:44
As Bona said, the tax rate will vary with faction standing.
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 23:30
Originally posted by Prometheuz Prometheuz wrote:

Originally posted by Lyken Lyken wrote:

People were concerned about the market becoming fragmented, spreading all the sell and buy orders out enough to cause many hubs to basically be dead. It will be difficult to sustain adequate traders without a generous supply of grapes for wine. This may lead to many players, especially smaller ones, being unable to take full advantage of the new system...
...We propose the central hub be, well, central.

This is interesting and I see what you mean, but the release is not yet complete. We don't yet know what the full release will bring in terms of sustaining traders.  GM Luna more or less saod that more is yet to come especially taxation  As for smaller players -  my impression was that 10 city players are going to have tremendous advantage over the rest anyway by way of size and resources...

Originally posted by Lyken Lyken wrote:

(0, 0) is the location of Centrum, a hub for the council of Illyria. It being in the middle of the map makes it an ideal place, and even giving new players a distance advantage over (most) veterans. 
Any thoughts?

Yeah. My thoughts were that the one chance smaller players had was to find a niche in a complex market system based on the all faction hubs. Since each of the factions carry + and - negative factors depending on the race of the player a large number of hubs offer even newish players an option  to benefit from the  trader mechanics provided they have right goods and the most compatible faction.

What worries me is that a central single market hub with perhaps unitary rate of taxation would actually be the greatest disadvantage to smaller trading players. I have this vision of a Giant supermaket that strangles the smalltown or high street trader. So wouldn't a diversity of hubs be a more interesting...?

btw my worry is that a central hub will become so dominated by the big alliances that eventually they'll hang a giant sign over it:

FARMER KUMO'S DIME STORE  Wink

Prommy, 

don't you know Centrum is MINE ?
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 12:24
Though I think the central idea is good I think it may also go against what seems to be the idea of breaking up the one main market. Their goal was to break it into all the trading hubs and this idea tries to push it back to how it was for the most part.

Main thing is I think it will result in a bit higher prices and become a sellers market for the initial part of it and eventually even out a bit later on. Many of the gatherers currently which many of the smaller players get an advantage in this as many of their towns could likely support more cottages where as the rest of us had to destroy buildings to make cottages. Then depending on what they manage to supply it will be bought by highest bidder...

So I do disagree that the larger players will have the largest advantage. Infact I would say mid level players or players that had a few small cities likely did. Makes a massive difference when a town can drop 15 cottages and still improve other structures compared to breaking down 1-2 buildings for 1-2 cottages...
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 18:38
Even assuming the developers have a goal of fragmenting the market ... who says we have to go along with it?  We are not sheep, we have the capacity to shape the world that the divine Crow and Cat make for us.  And if we prefer to have a centralized market mechanism, then by golly we can make one.

(Said with affection toward said Crow and Cat, who have said in the past they are always intrigued and amused with what players do -- often in a completely unanticipated way -- with the mechanics that they invent.)

Edited by Rill - 04 Aug 2012 at 18:38
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 19:52
I don't see the problem, other than just complaining for complaint's sake.

Big, vet type players will use gold to get what they need. If you think they're are not going to want that Elite Army of Knights or Elite Mounted Swordsmen, you aren't paying attention. Those who don't want that aren't really playing anyway.

Small, newb like players will dominate the market for minerals and herbs, including grapes as these are easy to research and very inexpensive to gather. The rare items, I assume will be coming mostly from small to medium sized players. Indeed, the very act of getting to the point of mining and harvesting rare resources will grow the small player.

Even if everything I said is wrong, pouting and promising to quit is the shelter of complacency.
Bonfyr Verboo
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 20:51
Though found another annoying thing is that trade office has consumption :/ So if the market itself taxes then in addition to that your double taxed off of the consumption of the buildings needed to trade also.

Edit- So I take a little out of the idea that the trade improvements actually help lower end players as most likely can't maintain the trade office... So what I suspected our main supply will come from likely will have problems even trading through the hubs.

Edited by hellion19 - 04 Aug 2012 at 20:54
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 22:48
Originally posted by hellion19 hellion19 wrote:

Though found another annoying thing is that trade office has consumption :/ So if the market itself taxes then in addition to that your double taxed off of the consumption of the buildings needed to trade also.

Edit- So I take a little out of the idea that the trade improvements actually help lower end players as most likely can't maintain the trade office... So what I suspected our main supply will come from likely will have problems even trading through the hubs.

Why couldn't they maintain a level one trade office? Even if they can't, I think the majority of sales will be "under the table." Trade is trade, regardless of whether there's a middle man or not. There's already a Trade Chat in the Forums, why not use it? For example: big players post buy orders and smaller players can come on, find a name and approach in-game.
Bonfyr Verboo
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 16:12
Because its a pain in the butt to do trade that way while our current market works perfectly fine.  Except for the newly released items but I haven't seen anything with regards to faction trading working yet either so faction trading could be an equal pain in the butt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic