Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 07:34
What it *is* is a good idea! - M.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 07:57
The "free" trader you mentioned, I believe is the ability to see trades in your nearest hub without sending one of your "actual" traders.

I do like the thought of having a single, large market where anything and everything can be found, but this may not need to be encouraged too much as I think it may develop naturally.

Encouragement can't hurt though.
Bonfyr Verboo
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 08:09
Something about this idea sits with me wrong but I don't know why. 
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody.
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 14:41
cause it's different you will get used to it.
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 17:12
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

The "free" trader you mentioned, I believe is the ability to see trades in your nearest hub without sending one of your "actual" traders.

I do like the thought of having a single, large market where anything and everything can be found, but this may not need to be encouraged too much as I think it may develop naturally.

Originally posted by GM Luna GM Luna wrote:

Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

There are plenty dmar, mostly in "small green hills" kind of places. I have seen them in Keppen, Zanpur, Laoshin and some other places.

Are they really placed in certain places based on the area of the map? I worried this might be the case. I don't understand the Devs reasoning in this. Make an item that seems fairly scarce, then make players require mass quantities of it in order to trade? 

Grapes aren't required to trade. You can do town-to-town trades with caravans on the town-to-town market. And your first trader for your first trade hub doesn't require any grapes. So you can trade without having any grapes. But if you want to trade in distant lands in many hubs, you'll start to need them to create your traders. 

It will take a while of us monitoring trade once the system is fully operational in game to tell if any change to grape distribution is required. Until then, we just have to wait and see. 

Luna
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 17:21
im not sending goods or buying goods 3 weeks trip away from my towns.. sounds stupid to anyone not living in the newb ring.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 18:07
A central hub would be at most 2 days away with a level 20 market; granted, it would be somewhat inconvenient, but keep in mind that your caravans can drop stuff off and travel back.  Of course, another alternative is that people could do arbitrage, buy in the central hub and sell in one of the distant hubs.

Or, perhaps I'll start Illy's version of the wall street journal, post a trader at the central trade hub, and list all commodity prices from there several times a day.  Or maybe someone will develop a tool that will do it automatically and post it to a public site -- for all the hubs.  I'm sure dunnoob would complain about that, but it would be worth a little whining.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 19:39
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I'm sure dunnoob would complain about that, but it would be worth a little whining.
I'm fine with everything helping me to say hi to master traders such as Deathdealer, Kelis, and Progressor sooner than soon™, but admittedly whine without H is still on my ToDo list.Tongue
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 21:35
Don't forget, SC said that the traders will be able to go between hubs without needing to return home first.
Bonfyr Verboo
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 21:49
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

Looks like I'm wrong, again:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Trader units are expensive to recruit, in terms of both gold and (from your second unit onwards) Wine. The cost of recruiting Traders is figured per player, not per town. The more you have, as a player not per settlement, the higher the recruitment costs.

Well, encouragement is still good.

Edited by abstractdream - 03 Aug 2012 at 21:50
Bonfyr Verboo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic