Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedÆsir's Crusade vs. TLR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LostEros View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Æsir's Crusade vs. TLR
    Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 14:55
When I first began playing in Illy, I recall all of the noble talk about how the strong will protect players from bullies in the game. Now I see an instance of unprovoked attacks (war) on the admittedly rough-around-the-edges TLR by a significantly larger group, basically because it would seem that Aesir doesn't approve of the leader, Eternal Fire. I am curious as to people's thinking about this case of "might makes right." This sets a dangerous precedent for the future of Illyriad if everyone simply turns away and remains silent while a fringe group gets bullied and likely destroyed because a larger group of players have decided they have the moral superiority to decide which alliances may exist in their world.

***mod edit to remove private messages***

I follow GC when I can. I know that a lot of people seem to dislike Eternal Fire, but where does it end when hatred of a player provides the rationalization to destroy all the members of an alliance? Don't we have enough of this kind of self-righteousness in real life? If someone despises Eternal Fire that much, then they should target him. Instead, Ã†sir has claimed the right to pass moral judgement and exterminate the evil race of players who offend their own ambitious ideals. I smell hypocrisy. Perhaps I am alone.

Edited by GM Luna - 25 Jul 2012 at 15:20
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 14:59
You aren't alone.  I can not speak for my alliance, but I do not feel a player's obtuse demeanor necessarily merits his destruction.
...and miles to go before I sleep.
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 15:00
crusade suck. 
and BTW... Might IS right. 

btw
What follows is Ã†sir's declaration of extermination, sent to TLR:

lol hypocritical rascals... 

what you do here is no where different fro what TLR did... well actually it's WORSE lol at your stoooopid ideas about right, and community, everyone shall be free to play as they like. 
what you try to defend is an illy that has no future. it's ok to defend noobs and those that are weak. BUT it's not right to stick the brown nose into other alliances affairs AND think you have the right to do so. what ego you dudes have, seriously....
anyway, the trend you saw here, to ignore, is only due to the imminent release, then illy's player are just concerned about their own interests. to rephrase that:
it's but a silly excuse to play the valiant knight card. all what matters and will always matter is the benefits one would get by doing certain things.
feel free to roll over EF, but i am NOT pleased by this. for he did nothing wrong. ( asking medals was mhe, but doesn't justifies the annihilation of TRL ) 

BTW they where defending in the war they won, so much for fair play, SUCKERS 

Edited by SugarFree - 25 Jul 2012 at 15:32
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 15:22
That will teach TLR to win in wars that were declared on them :) How dare they, they must be destroyed.
Turtie View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 15:35
Originally posted by LostEros LostEros wrote:

When I first began playing in Illy, I recall all of the noble talk about how the strong will protect players from bullies in the game. Now I see an instance of unprovoked attacks (war) on the admittedly rough-around-the-edges TLR by a significantly larger group, basically because it would seem that Aesir doesn't approve of the leader, Eternal Fire. I am curious as to people's thinking about this case of "might makes right." This sets a dangerous precedent for the future of Illyriad if everyone simply turns away and remains silent while a fringe group gets bullied and likely destroyed because a larger group of players have decided they have the moral superiority to decide which alliances may exist in their world.

***mod edit to remove private messages***

I follow GC when I can. I know that a lot of people seem to dislike Eternal Fire, but where does it end when hatred of a player provides the rationalization to destroy all the members of an alliance? Don't we have enough of this kind of self-righteousness in real life? If someone despises Eternal Fire that much, then they should target him. Instead, Ã†sir has claimed the right to pass moral judgement and exterminate the evil race of players who offend their own ambitious ideals. I smell hypocrisy. Perhaps I am alone.

This is simply slanderous mudslinging bs -- 

So far, clear and concise reasons for engaging in this war have NOT been released.

Only the declaration that Nobody of a certain smaller population will be brought into the situation without active aggression.

Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 15:44
Originally posted by Turtie Turtie wrote:

[

This is simply slanderous mudslinging bs -- 

So far, clear and concise reasons for engaging in this war have NOT been released.

Only the declaration that Nobody of a certain smaller population will be brought into the situation without active aggression.

So y'all have declared war for no reason? If y'all do have a reason I'm sure everyone would love to hear it.
LostEros View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 15:46
Perhaps you should look up the definition of "slander," Turtie. I pasted a quote from Aesir which was sent to TLR, which appears to reflect quite clearly their rationalization for declaring war. Pointing out someone's self-righteous indignation, using their own quotes, and pointing out the self-evident hypocrisy in the matter is not mud-slinging. I made nothing up. (Facts do offend some people, I fear.)
SugarFree View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 15:59
i hear a lot of BS actually. mind to explain exactly WHAT your reasons are ? 
LostEros View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 16:10
Aesir's censored public message to the TLR members said that the war would lead to everyone's death if they do not abandon TLR. The justification was that the alliance is guided by unnecessary ambitions and greed. Anyone who doesn't leave will be targeted.

This is the hard substance of what was stated in a flowery manner, and this synopsis is not a quotation.
Sgt..Shanks View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 16:23

I myself have seen this mail... Why the heck is it not between two players...? or even 5 on 5??
jeez.. lack of tourney means you all want to declare war?? 

Would like to see the sender of that mail here.. and EF responding.

oh and a small note also...
I do not like you SugarFree... you are not a real player of illy!!

*declares war on you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic