Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrade Council Secret Talks Revealed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade Council Secret Talks Revealed
    Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 18:01
Trade Council Secret Talks Revealed

The Illyriad Herald can today reveal that secret talks have been taking place between senior figures of the Illyria Trade Council and the Circle of Five.

Pressed for a comment, the Illyria Trade Council itself would say only that "It has come to our attention that the processes used in the markets of Elgea for recording and registering trade have some minor limitations. This is simply an administrative issue, which we are working to address, in consultation with many valued stakeholders and commercial partners."

Geomancer Herrolf was even more terse, simply growling "Have you not got the hint, yet?" while cracks appeared in the flagstones beneath this reporter's feet.

However, a confidential source, over a pint of mead in a dark tavern in Bellingsy, was more talkative. "It all started," our informant said, "with them mages wanting us to transport Black Diamonds. In bulk.

Now, people who don't understand commerce, right, they'll say that's crazy. Black Diamonds, see, have a bad rep. It is true that everyone involved with them will go mad, suffer horrible accidents or be overcome by personal tragedy, yeah, yeah, whatever. But no good merchant will let overwhelming evil curses get in the way of making a profit. So, yeah, of course we're happy to deal with these things. But that's where this Administrative Issue comes from!"

"All the paperwork the Council uses, right, is based on the idea that there's only, what, 17 things that people want to trade? There's no box to tick on the shipping manifest for Evil Cursed Gemstones! So, all the top bosses, they started wondering what else people might want to buy and sell. There's some Dwarf talking about ancient metals, and xylophones or glockenspiels or whatever, so maybe rare metals? So they've got the bigwigs from the Circle of Five down here to find out what else they might want trading."

As a result of these talks, the Herald expects the Council to announce a broadening of trade, with more options accepted in the markets of Illyria. But our informant urges caution.

"First off, this is really complicated. Most peasant traders in the markets, right, they can't count higher than the fingers on their hands, especially the Orcs, so they already struggle with 17 items. So, the thing is, this sort of trade will probably only happen in really big markets. You know, like the sorts of markets you get at Faction Hubs? Really big!"

"Second, you won't be able to buy and sell just anything this way. I mean, I suggested, right, that there's good money in certain engravings of Elven maidens - tasteful stuff, mind you, like arty stuff. But no-one wants to listen, so there still won't be a box on the forms to tick for engravings...."

Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 18:04
Great news :) can't wait
dspn23 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 18:17
this looks awesome :D
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 18:33
I formally protest at notion that orcs can't count higher than the number of fingers on their hands.

I'll show you: 1, 2, 3, 4, er 6, ... many !

Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 19:08
Originally posted by Bonaparta Bonaparta wrote:

I formally protest at notion that orcs can't count higher than the number of fingers on their hands.

I'll show you: 1, 2, 3, 4, er 6, ... many !

... 11, 12, 13, 14, 1er, 16, 1many, 21....
Prometheuz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 19:17
Hmm ..I think that this going to be a subtle tournament and /or game development. I like the way it is unfolding. It seems like Illyria is developing its own economic markets. It could be that some the factions are also coming alive as part of a linked narrative or something similar. Plenty to prepare for methinks
Thanks to the Dev Team Clap

Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 20:41
Great news, new stuff, active hubs and alliance interigue all on the go.  Can't wait.

Beer
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 20:52
All these things coming in the future and being worked on, it makes atleast me wanting to stick around for a very very long time :)

and as a heavy prestige user i am happy to help make your dreams about this game come true.

Edited by Rorgash - 18 Jul 2012 at 20:53
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 20:53
is it ... trade v2?

Wink
N. Chadgod View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 20:55
Thanks Dev's! All the new changes in the last few days sound awesome.
It's beyond fairytale, it's inconceivable!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic