FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMain: Clan Reashag Alchemist Speaks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 19:05
Does this mean there are 5 mines on the world map now?

Captain Ganoes Paran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 17:37
i meen the second picture on the right

bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 17:32
Xylophone is Latin, meaning 'wood' & 'sound'.  The Glockenspiel is made of metal bars!!!
Avion View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 17:14

Ryll

Ryll, mined on the planet Ryloth, is a relatively weak form of spice used to create a number of medicines used throughout the galaxy. It is also smuggled into the Corporate Sector for illegal sale to the workers. As a recreational substance, ryll can be addictive and dangerous.

Ryll was one of the forms of spice processed on Ylesia prior to the Battle of Yavin.

Ryll, specifically of the rarest variety, ryll kor, is instrumental in creating rylca, a medicine used to cure the deadly Krytos virus.

rill [rɪl]

n
1. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) a brook or stream; rivulet
2. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) a small channel or gulley, such as one formed during soil erosion
3. (Astronomy) Also rille one of many winding cracks on the moon
[from Low German rille; related to Dutch ril]

Winding crack?
Suppose they gave a war and nobody came?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 17:11
it looks to me like a more detailed representation of Caer Morock, which is a searchable map feature (faction hub).  As of a few minutes ago, no player interactions with this map feature are possible.

Edited by Rill - 11 Jul 2012 at 17:12
Captain Ganoes Paran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 17:10
in the picture there's a dwarven structure surounted by mountains , is that on the world map ?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 16:53
Myth Ryll?  Really?  If they are going to use my name to attempt to market this product, I want a percentage.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 16:48
Clan Reashag Alchemist Speaks 

Plumbing deeper depths to bring the latest news to you, its readers, the Illyriad Herald has sent intrepid reporters hundreds of feet below the city of Caer Morock, to interview Clan Raeshag's leading alchemist, Doeragh Hearstone. We caught up with him in his vast laboratory, amidst stacks of books and towering furnaces, to ask what is new in the world of Dwarven invention.

"Nothing is new, except what is old," Heartstone remarked. "In the First Age, Dwarven ingenuity constructed a golden age. At least, it was a golden age for the Dwarves. The Orcs and Humans were living in their own filth and killing each other with stone weapons, but what do you expect from them? Anyway, yes, a golden age. Not to be confused with the Golden Century of Duraz Karag, you understand...."

After several fascinating tangential lectures, our reporters brought Heartstone back to the subject close to our readers' hearts: the news.

"Yes, quite. What is new is simply a rediscovery of what is forgotten. We invent in order to rebuild our knowledge towards that golden age. Did I not explain...?"

So what old wisdoms might now become new again? "Metals and minerals! Metals and minerals are fascinating," Heartstone enthused. Fearing that this might simply be a general statement of Dwarven interests, our reporters pressed him for more information.

"You see," Heartstone gestured to a row of tables, manned by assistants who pored through stacks of ancient texts, "in the First Age, Dwarven smiths worked all manner of metals into weapons, not just iron. Some were rare metals coaxed from the earth. Some were alchemical creations. Under the empire of Duraz Karag these were still in use, and ancient texts give hints about these."

What hints had the alchemist's team uncovered? "Oh, most of it is confusing, jumbled, annoying. Different writers use different names for the same mines, or the same minerals, or the same processes. And some of them invented stupid names for their metals.

Look, here, this writer talks about Myth Ryll. Honestly! Myth Ryll? He may as well have called his metal Legendary Stuff, or Unobtanium. Anyway, most writers call it Silversteel. It seems to have been highly favoured for making superior armour, royal swords and, err, something we can't quite translate but seems to be a musical instrument enjoyed by women..."

Is this research of relevance to the readers of the Herald, we asked? "Oh yes. Well, maybe. I mentioned Silversteel, for example. In the last Age, it seems there were five great mines that produced the stuff. And I think we may have located a couple. We need to research further, but it's all looking very promising!"

If a breakthrough is imminent, what great innovations might be forthcoming? What practical impact could this have on the people of Elgea? "Practical? Oh! I hadn't really thought about that. But I like the idea of new musical instruments. I suppose that new metals would make some really interesting xylophones?"

The Herald will continue to keep readers abreast of further developments in this area, especially if developments yield something more interesting than xylophones.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic