Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: daily gift reset every day at midnight
    Posted: 27 May 2012 at 01:41
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

It would be nice if the daily gift reset every day at midnight, instead of being every 24 hours.  I get around 5-6 gifts a week because I'm not always online at the same time.  But I'm not going to look gift prestige in the mouth -- I'm just grateful we get it.

I am grateful for the free prestige the developers give us once a day, but I was wondering why we cannot have the free prestige reset at midnight everyday.

Edited by Quackers - 27 May 2012 at 01:41
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 02:20
I understand why they don't; they want to encourage daily logins and near-midnight logins would only be required every other day.  But it would certainly be nice if they did something like a combination of midnight reset and 18 hour cooldown.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 02:44
Actually, the 'once per 24 hours' should result in less than 7 per week.

If, for example, you habitually log in at 8am every day, then on the first day, you'll get your Prestige. Next day, unless you log in after say 8.01, you won't get the Prestige offer. So, you have to log in a little later each day.

So there will be occasions where you'll accidentally let time pass for a few hours, when you're not claiming, when you could be. e.g. Say you didn't get the offer at 8am (because yesterday you logged in at 8.10am), and you then log in again at 1pm and get the offer. Next day, you need to log in just after 1pm, and so on.

I'd like to bet that most 'daily' players just get 5 free Prestige.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 04:11
indeed, this is part of why I don't keep an active prestige account.  Even though theoretically you could accumulate 2 prestige per week with an active account, I'd likely do little better than break even, if that.

Players who stay logged in for long periods are very likely to "miss" the window, all you have to do is log in earlier one day than you did the day before, then not check at the right time.

I still have managed to accumulate 330 prestige in a bit less than a year of play; I've used some and 100 of that comes from prestige gifts and tournaments, so I'd say I've collected around 200 free prestige points in a year.
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 05:45
i buy mine Cool
Captain Ganoes Paran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 09:13
the problem is that the "collect your Prestige " alarm  is in the Herald page and you dont go there unless you just loged in ,it would be better if they change its location 
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 14:30
The free prestige is designed to encourage you to log in frequently, so I don't think there's any motivation to flag it for you while you're logged in.
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 15:30
I wouldn't mind being automatically logged out when the daily bonus becomes available.
...and miles to go before I sleep.
Rohk View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 15:31
Originally posted by Captain Ganoes Paran Captain Ganoes Paran wrote:

the problem is that the "collect your Prestige " alarm  is in the Herald page and you dont go there unless you just loged in ,it would be better if they change its location 

That alarm is also at the top of the general Prestige page to remind people to collect it. They did that change a while ago because they found a lot of people were forgetting to click it if I recall correctly.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 16:11
Since I spend prestige pretty much never, having it be on the prestige page doesn't much help me.  But then since I spend it pretty much never, I don't really care that much if I miss my free prestige from time to time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic