Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLong live the Republic!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long live the Republic!
    Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 00:40

A friendly hello to the Illy-Community

The Old Republic [TOR] is looking for members of all races, sizes, experience levels and play-styles!

Membership requirements:

• Minimum pop 2000 (If you are smaller you are very welcome in our training alliance The Old Republic University).
  • You should be interested in our republic political system.
  • You need to be able and willing to communicate and coordinate with your alliance.
  • We require our members to build strong armies and defend the freedom of the Old Republic and its members. 

Brief introduction:

The Old Republic is the only truly democratic alliance of Illyriad (with a constitution, a parliament, an executive and judicative body). We have a participative and representative governmental structure. Our leaders are elected and accountable to the Senate. In many alliances the important decisions (for example about peace and war) are made by large players only and small players are not even properly informed. In other words, a few players exercise all power and restrict the independence of the rest. Therefore we are committed to democracy, mutual defence, transparency and to respect the sovereignty of each member

For more information check out or alliance profile and forum!

Settlement policy:

We are open to players on the entire map. But we do have a central hub area in Azura (south-west of the map). We do respect the ten square zone of players inside or next to our hub. We are interested in good relations with our neighbours. We particularly ask others to respect our ten square zone inside our hub area. We can offer excellent settlement locations for our members. Our hub area is roughly depicted below and above.

Some additional stuff:

• You are free to leave again whenever you desire. Only members that settle inside our hub need to exodus there cities in case they leave (this is not valid for players that join and already have cities in our hub).
  • We have a well-structured training program offered by the Old Republic University and the Republic Legions.
  • We have a strong military branch and many trade oriented players.
  • We are particularly looking for players that demonstrate the ability to pursue their own goals and propose policy directions in our Senate.
  • Due to our political structure, we offer a new political dimension in this game and therefore a new possibilities to enjoy this game and get involved in various ways.
  • The Senate has to approve the budget. Therefore, our tax will only be spend for projects the majority of the Republic will benefit from.

In case you are interested in joining such an alliance or have any questions, feel free to contact our leadership or any other player.

Edit: Spelling correction, updates

Replaced "non-authoritarian" with "democratic"

Latest Edit: Added settlement policy. Minor changes.

Edited by Janosch - 27 Aug 2013 at 13:59
You like Democracy? Join the Old Republic!
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 02:51
The only non-authoritarian alliance in Illy?  ScottFitz will find this quite amusing.

Seriously, best wishes to all.  Will be interesting to see how it evolves further.
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 06:32
Complimentory lightsabers for all new members!
Captain Ganoes Paran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:58
Good luck to you TOR :)
Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 13:38

Thanks. Since the end of LWO (which was referred to as anarchistic somewhere), I think there is no non-authoritarian alliance?

Wikipedia defines authoritarian as: “In politics, an authoritarian government is one in which political authority is concentrated in a small group of politicians.”

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism)

Properly most alliances are based on a very cooperative style. At the end however, the alliance leadership makes the important decisions (therefore the alliance is authoritarian). Are there other alliances that have polls to make decisions? I do not think so. But if I am mistaken, I am happy to fix that mistake.

Telumehtar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 21:58
Great, long live The Old Republic!

Clap ClapClap ClapClapClap ClapClapClapClap
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 01:23
Janosch, most Crow alliances vote before making significant decisions such as war.  The crazy folks in HUGcr even talk it over in alliance chat before issuing invites to new members, I hear.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 03:53
"The Old Republic is the only non-authoritarian alliance of Illyriad."

This is a patently false assertion.
Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 12:15

Okay. I did not want to offend any of you Postmaster Generals Wink. I have replaced “non-authoritarian” with “democratic”.

I do not want to intensify this theoretical debate. But I am not sure, if occasional votes make you (patently) “non-authoritarian”.

Edited by Janosch - 18 Apr 2012 at 13:34
You like Democracy? Join the Old Republic!
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 14:18
What do you do in time of war?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic