Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Town/Player selection tip
    Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 17:01
clearly HM is trying to make it as easy as possible for people to send him gold.

thanks for the tip, very handy Wink
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 14:58
I recently heard mention of a complaint regarding Illyriad's implementation of player/city input boxes, and having to click on a result even when the name is fully typed correctly.  I agree that they are pretty crappy, but they're actually not quite that crappy.

As long as the result you want is at the top of the list of options the dropdown provides, you can tab out of the field (clarification: you must tab out after the list appears) and that first option will be automatically chosen without requiring use of the mouse.

In some pages you'll have the intense annoyance of losing any input focus because that part of the page refreshes on selection (such as with the trade orders screen).  However, if you're using Butler with the "Automatically set input focus when switching pages" option, even this will be rectified--and in this particular case you'll even automatically have the gold amount input selected because Butler can tell you've already handled the destination input.

Edited by HonoredMule - 12 Apr 2012 at 15:02
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic