Topic ClosedConcerning the cities of Steadfast Shield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concerning the cities of Steadfast Shield
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 00:26
As you may or may not be aware, my old alternate account, Steadfast Shield, has been suspended.  While it is true that the player is no longer in my alliance, I have the full intention of reclaiming all of these cities, with the exception of the Lost City of Mazdana.  Please refrain from sieging or settling within 3 squares of these cities, as I will be presently along to deal with them.  If you happen to have settled within this border, I will endeavor to help you relocate them to the best of my ability.  If you have set up a siege camp, you have 16 hours as of the time of this message to recall them.  If you do in fact capture one of these cities, I ask that you let me retake them, and if you fail to remove a sieging army from one of these cities in under 16 hours, I will refund you fully for any resources you may have lost. 

"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 00:28
It seems possible that developing an alt to be sieged and captured by a main account is ethically questionable and subject to exploitation.  I am wondering whether anyone else shares these concerns.
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 00:33
He isn't the first person thats done it.  
...and miles to go before I sleep.
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 00:40
Hi rill,
While I completely agree with your assessment that alternate accounts should not be created for the sole purpose of besieging, I'd like to point out that Steadfast Shield was created only a few minutes after Silent Sword (See playerId, 47524 for silent and 47525 for steady) while I was still a very new player, and had no idea of the concept of siege in illyriad.  The original intention was to create two accounts that would coexist and benefit from each other, such as The_Dude and El_Jeffe (from who(m) I got the idea) however Silent's city of westin exodused to a 7 food square at the crucial time, while steady's twin city of eastin was not, which pushed the account into an uncertain situation of no growth.  I had no reason to continue to use up an account slot with an essentially static rate of growth, which is why I am doing this.  

Edited by Silent/Steadfast - 06 Apr 2012 at 00:41
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 04:14
Originally posted by Silent/Steadfast Silent/Steadfast wrote:

. . . I'd like to point out that Steadfast Shield was created only a few minutes after Silent Sword (See playerId, 47524 for silent and 47525 for steady) while I was still a very new player, and had no idea of the concept of siege in illyriad.  The original intention was to create two accounts that would coexist and benefit from each other, such as The_Dude and El_Jeffe (from who(m) I got the idea) . . .
It brings me to wonder how you might have "got the idea" to "create two accounts that would coexist and benefit from each other" from players "such as The_Dude and El_Jeffe" while you were "still a very new player" - unless you had been in the game previously to see and observe TD and EJ prior to the creation of these two accounts. 

Put another way: If TD and EJ gave you this idea, it would have come before the creation of Silent and Steadfast (would it not?).  So you must have had other accounts before these...

With that logic in mind, it is very plausible that one account was set up to be sacrificed to another - and yes, this is unethical (IMO).  However, I don't believe this was the case - because, naming another account so close to your own seems to imply your intention to keep that account. 

It is more likely that you had created another few accounts to use in said farming manner, but perhaps you got caught and you unexpectedly lost steadfast rather than the farm (something you never intended to happen)...

OMG - I am so very sorry...  my parents have been watching law and order re-runs...  my mind is running 100miles an hour and is beginning to think everything is a conspiracy theory.  *plans within plans and plots within plots*

but perhaps...  who knows...  (>.<)
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 04:29
Um.... I logged on for the first time, went on to GC, noticed TD and EJ were the same person, asked if that was allowed, and made a new account.  Remember that 8 months ago people weren't joining as frequently. Your other assumptions are far fetched to the extreme.  I have never multi-accounted, and I never will, and it is beside the point even if I did, because all the cities I have ever owned were originally mine (With the exception of one of steady's, the lost city of mazdana, which I sieged and captured from an inactive player.)   

Edited by Silent/Steadfast - 06 Apr 2012 at 04:31
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 10:57
Y'know what SS. I am afraid that your request is unacceptable to me. 

Of your two cities in Fremorn, at least one of them has 3 remarkable sovereignty squares which should raise a few eyebrows, and I do not recognize your right in claiming them. 

If one of my allies wants that city , which is imho the only rational way of going about it, Ill support their sieges.

Not really other players problem that you choose to suspend your account, live with the choice.

My 2c.

Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 11:19
What I see are three cities of pop 36, 58 and 297. With careful planning, one could capture those cities at pop 9, 14 and 74 respectively.  Seriously, let Tordenkaffen take them! :P

Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 11:39
Ander I think you are missing the point entirely. 

Having 10 cities on both my accounts I won't be capturing them myself. I dont acknowledge special rights or prerogatives to suspended player accounts tho, and find it rather self centered to ask for such. 
So regardless what consequence SS had in mind for those who disobey his "claim", he should be prepared that any aggression towards said players would have consequences. 

karpintero View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 14:58
Originally posted by Tordenkaffen Tordenkaffen wrote:

So regardless what consequence SS had in mind for those who disobey his "claim", he should be prepared that any aggression towards said players would have consequences. 

LOL, threatening SS now if he takes action against those who attempt to take HIS ALT's CITIES? Seriously? 

I do think he has all the right to reserve those cities, considering that those are from his alt. There is a lot of reservation messages going on about when players in an alliance get suspended. The alliance reserves the right to siege the cities themselves, capture those cities, etc. Why can't SS keep his alt's cities then? I think your actions are very disrespectful toward SS.
War is ugly. Make it happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic