Topic ClosedTrade movement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sure View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade movement
    Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 06:52
1)Good if we could cancel and bring my caravan back if  dispatched by mistakes or urgently need those  caravans to be home.

2)Good if duration of travel time needed to get to that location is indicated. For example, harvesting at certain location.

Sure View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 06:56
3)Good if trade offers on the market are indicated by travel times instead of squares away. 
strives View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 12:24
cancel option should be for troops and buildings too. Like on travian, troops can be brought 1 min from the dispatch. after that, their are off and maybe never coming back. i guess, this should be used here. 
Sure View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 13:03
Originally posted by strives strives wrote:

cancel option should be for troops and buildings too. Like on travian, troops can be brought 1 min from the dispatch. after that, their are off and maybe never coming back. i guess, this should be used here. 

Yuppie, good one too!
strives View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 13:44
also, i'm not sure of it but i guess it is this way that if you send reinforcement some place ( city or resource and set it for 5 hours ) they won't be back until that period expires and i don't think there is a withdrawal option in case you are attacked at home...
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 13:54
Yes, that is currently the way.

We will be introducing a new diplomatic unit subtype - Messengers - who can be dispatched from your city with new orders for an army (or caravan) located abroad.

Messengers will take a number of horses with them, which they will largely ride to death before jumping on a "fresher" horse.  So they'll be very fast - but also quite wasteful of the poor horses.

They will only be able to give new orders to a stationary army or caravan, so no communicating with units in motion, for a very wide variety of gameplay reasons.

When?   Soon (tm)

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 14 Apr 2010 at 13:54
strives View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 16:17
seems something pretty interesting and realistic since there weren't any ways of contacting in the old days. Ah, the primitive people... no satellites and no mobile phone problems. ( there could be an eagle to deliver messages :p) 

how about the cancel button for buildings. if for some reason we do not want to build something ( clicked build button due to lag, forced with a gun to the head, superman went through the window and hit the build button etc )  
About the troops, i still guess they could still be called the first minute ( reasons mentioned above ) considering that they are walking from the barracks to the city walls and you can yell to them: "COME BACK DUDES, FALSe ALARM, STORMCROW IS MAKING FREE DONUTS" 

ps: i hope that the messenger( if implemented ) doesn't leave the tired horses behind :p
Sure View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 06:07
This is a mail example sent out from system.

Caravans from New Settlement, belonging to Sure are gathering resources at -20|-301

This 1 caravan has a capacity each of 200 and gather resources at a speed of 200 per hour.

There are 500 resources remaining at this location, so your caravans will remain here until 15APR10 06:55.

Good if we could make those highlighted pink link to world map for easier harvesting.

Good if we could change highlighted yellow to clay,wood,gold,iron etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic