New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd Anniversary Alliance Tournament
    Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 17:39
awesome!!!!! truly nice read.....Star
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 16:59
I would like to see total EXP loss for attackers and defenders. Number of killed troops can be very misleading.
EXP kill and lost ratio by races and by troop type per square and cumulative. 
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 16:17
I would like to see the following stats only for combat post algorithm update:

By terrain type
By Attacking unit type
(lowest level commander leading them) (Average Level)(mean level)(standard deviation)
Defender losses against the attacking unit split out into a per unit basis. 

Edited by Anjire - 22 Mar 2012 at 16:17
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 15:10
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Crikey!  Excellent stuff, Anjire - and meshing with our numbers too.

We'll concentrate (instead) on the ones that can't be derived (race/unit etc) as there's no point in repeating the same.

Any specific requests for breakdowns that the public stats couldn't supply are gladly accepted btw. Please let me know in this thread ASAP.

SC

I think it would be very interesting to have separate statistics PRE and AFTER the casualties algorithm change...
I would be also GREAT having the same statistics Anjire posted, but not for UNITS, instead PER UPKEEP values. You know why :-) 
Saladin The Zephyr View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 14:45
Further to Createure's post, it would be nice to have the personal kills etc back please Big smile
Saladin The Zephyr View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 14:43
Direb - that's 14MB, pivot tables are a b*tch ! Wink
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 14:18
Is it just me or were personal combat stats removed from the military herald? Didn't it used to give personal best+total casualties next to the total casualties at the bottom of each category?

On that note - I always had a problem with those stats... in terms of "casualties inflicated" it gives you the total casualties inflicted in every attack you make... but in "total casualties received" it will always give you the total casualties received in both attack and defence...

Basically casualties inflicted by defenders on attackers is always totally ignored which is exactly why the "World total casualties received" is massively higher than "World total casualties inflicted"... infact these categories should either be renamed or the way they are calcuated should be altered because infact "inflicted" should be higher than "received" (more or less the same although slightly higher inflicted due to NPCs killed with positive ratios).

Means people who play defensive strategies/races always end up wiv terrible stats with almost 0 inflicted casualties and huge losses aswell... it's not like playing defensively isn't hard enough already with defensive units having MUCH longer production time/unit strength than offensive units, particularly T2 cavs (knights especially)... and combine that with 2 alterations to the combat system not long ago that both shifted the combat balance slightly further in the 'attack' side's favour....

Give defensive strategies a little love please... or at least give us some stats (as Kumo suggested).

Edited by Createure - 22 Mar 2012 at 14:20
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 12:21
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Crikey!  Excellent stuff, Anjire - and meshing with our numbers too.

We'll concentrate (instead) on the ones that can't be derived (race/unit etc) as there's no point in repeating the same.

Any specific requests for breakdowns that the public stats couldn't supply are gladly accepted btw. Please let me know in this thread ASAP.

SC

Casualties inflicted by defender! (and same for the last two years in the military Herald). ;)
Direb View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 11:49
Great stuff Anjire!
I've completed a post-match analysis spreadsheet similar to one we (VIC) were using during the tourney to keep an eye on things.  We'd be happy to share this with the community so everyone can look up data that interests them.  But I'm far from literate with file sharing so if someone wants the info to host somewhere (HM suggested google docs) then let me know.  Currently its over 14kb in excel.
blazing arrow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 09:44
can we get to know how things would have been different  had the 10-10 troops  armies or combat losses calculation anamoly been resolved since starting of the tourney.... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic