Topic ClosedEpic battles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 23:07
LoL

/me performs a Jedi mind trick on myself and everyone else...  "These aren't the codes you're looking for..."
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Mandarins31 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 23:41
Thanks for clarification Starry. I sill dont get how you did, so a real bravo... you surly worked well your Maths :) . Im not really unhappy if it was in your plans... im more unhappy not to get how you did it.

About difference of size, it doesnt count. not counting bonus, 20 attacking units against 100 def ones makes def lose 20 units. 20 att against 2000 ones, makes def lose 20 units, as 20 is 1% of 2000 (though, for less well rounded numbers, i agree % can bring some favorable round up). There is no overpowering bonus as far as i know

Though, ill show what calculations i roughly did just to know if someone saws in that some obvious mistake:

I Had 38k knights. 65 Basic attack. 10% bonus by prestige, 20% cause in jungle, 15% by commanders, plus lets imagine 30% from plain cav terrain bonus. it make a 75% bonus. Then 38K time 65 = 2470k . 2470 times 1,75 (the bonus) = 4322,5k attack power

Roughly, defensive units on spot were 135k, and an average def of 40 against Cavalry let's say.
135K times 40 = 5400 def power against Cav.

% of casualies observed on the report are around 22,4%
It means that my full attack with all bonus aplied worthed 22,4% of the full present defence with all bonus applied.

So, My total attack power = 4322,5k and equals 22,4% of 19297k , this last number being total def power against cav, with all bonus applie

So basic def power was around 5400K, and was at around 19297k with all bonus applied.
19297/5400 = 3,57 ... meaning that the defense had  257% bonus on def against cav

Wile lets imagine, potential def bonus could have been at max 35% for jungle, 10% prestige, 15% commanders and lets say 20% from terrain... that make 80% bonus at max, far from 257%.

I didn count commanders heroism: there were some 50 commanders defending. If they were all trueshots, at lvl 10 self def against Cav, they would worth 50 times 61 = 3050 Trueshots. they have 25 basic def against cav. 3050 times 25 = 75,25k adding power, plus the 80% potential bonus on it... it doesnt make much difference.

So maybe am i doing a huge mistake in these calculations... but in any case, i still dont get your tactic ;)

So Bravos to the ones who developped it. The hard work is rewarded :)

Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 00:05
Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

... just pretend you did not seen it.... < id="gwProxy" ="">< jscode="leoInternalChangeDone" ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">

That's what you do when your blind date has a big old herpes sore on the upper lip... but the code is more obvious LOL
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 00:34
Personally, I'd send a petition regardless, since you never know if something is really working correctly unless you ask anyway but maybe that's just me. Worst they can do is say it worked the way it was suppose to. 
Arthurian View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 01:13
You guys are forgetting the single most important part here.  This square is in my back yard, b***ches.  My town #winning is 22 squares away.  Don't mess with the tiger blood!  That's 100% bonus right there.
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 01:27
Originally posted by Arthurian Arthurian wrote:

You guys are forgetting the single most important part here.  This square is in my back yard, b***ches.  My town #winning is 22 squares away.  Don't mess with the tiger blood!  That's 100% bonus right there.
Arrogance breeds distraction and pride comes before the fall... 

/me turns to walk away but slips and falls due to a pool of tiger blood on the ground...  Hummm - perhaps that was a self fulfilling prophecy.  (0.o)
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 05:54
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Personally, I'd send a petition regardless, since you never know if something is really working correctly unless you ask anyway but maybe that's just me. Worst they can do is say it worked the way it was suppose to. 

I am 100% sure a petition went in within 1 hour of the event - regardless of what has been posted here.

I don't blame them for that - if it was me I would do the same.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Mandarins31 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 12:10
You're right KillerPoodle, after some hesitations, we sent a petition some 3-4 hours after the event, to prevent there were potentially a glitch down there, that would have partiticipate on that result.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 14:14
I can understand the hesitation... you don't want to seem like you are crying it was a glitch just because you lost. Wink

But hey I guess it is in everyone's interests to be sure nothing is buggy.

Edited by Createure - 25 Feb 2012 at 14:40
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 14:52
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

I don't see anyone in H? claiming there was a glitch when we lost to bloodpool heavily earlier... just my 2 cents.

someone would expect a 5-10% difference from the expected battle outcome based on the attack/defence ratio and consider that normal. But when there is a 50-100% difference, one would suspect a glitch or an incomplete battle report.

if bloodpool had attacked with 18,000 spearmen (instead of cavalry), and H had lost as heavily, people would have suspected a glitch. 

...just my 2 cents.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic