illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPROFILE PICTURES!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theDragonReborn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROFILE PICTURES!
    Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 21:13
So this might sound a bit silly, maybe even frivolous. I know the devs have a lot going on and are making changes to Illyriad all the time. My request is actually a simple one! I request that the devs allow players to change their profile picture. I do not mean the pictures that you can add directly onto your profile, I mean the generic avatar that denotes your Race and Gender. I request that the devs at least allow us to select from a few separate presets! My main reason for this, silly as it sounds, I miss the knight all in black armor! When I first joined the game, before I knew one single bit about it, I had to choose my race! Well I did truly think about being an elf, but then I saw the picture of the human knight all in black armor. I thought WOW, thats BAD (in a good way). I must admit I am not a fan of the braided haired highlander guy with the axe! Please, please please please let us choose from a couple different avatars, and bring back that black knight!

Uaithne View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 21:16
I am Uaithne and I support this message, request, thing.

Edited by Uaithne - 18 Feb 2012 at 21:17
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 21:23
+1. A female elf with a more clothed option would be appreciated! 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 21:25
It's on the devs' to-do list, there was much discussion of this when the new profile pics were first introduced.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 08:01
You'd think it would be higher priority.  This is a feature that could be introduced in a couple days at most, and female elves have requested more modest avatar options repeatedly.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
jamieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 10:52
This wouldn't even need to take up too much of the devs time. A simple competition to design some new avatars, even on the forums would garner plenty of interest. We have seen that there are quite a few players who have pretty impressive artistic skills (i am not one of them) and i'm pretty sure that there would be some high quality entries even if the "prize" was just to have your drawings turned into game avatars.
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 15:15
You can already hide the profile picture.  You can place a photo over it of a modestly clothed female elf or a bunny with a pancake on it's head if you so do wish.

Edit: personally I like the current charachter photo's.  That is half the reason my profile is sporting a barbie looking pointy eared hippy that looks confused as to why he is armed.
The other half is because i have not yet figured out how to cover it up as i have seen other players do.

Edited by invictusa - 19 Feb 2012 at 15:21
...and miles to go before I sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic