Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEffectiveness of an Architects' Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 08:11
For me I normally have my resource built up to around level 13 each (have 3.8k resource coming in an hour)..thats about at 1.4k pop if I remember correctly with 30% tax rate. Haven't need to have a tax rate above 30% just yet, but only one town is just now over 4k pop. Its not about how much it cost to produce the building, its about the time.

With 3.8k resource per, I never run out of resources when I'm not prestige building. Even my 1.8k (start round 1.5k) pop towns normally have an Arch level 20 without busing in or running out of resources. Normally the time it takes to build a building gives you enough time to regenerate most of the resources it cost to build. By the time I get to level 20, I think I'm normally down to 100k-200k resources. Then when I start my next build, it goes up to 600k and back down.

For example: Town 1 has 3.8k resource per, and is building a fletcher to level 20. Right now its at level 17 and still has around 300-500k resources. (And I've been busing out resources to another town.) With building a level 18 and 19 right now. Only need around 110k more resources to build level 20 then I'll start on another building I need.

I'm sorry but I do not understand what you mean by caveats 2.

Sorry if I sound rude, just trying to point out that it is possible to build with a low pop.

Edited by Quackers - 04 May 2012 at 08:20
Khèlbên Khál View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 00:54

What he means is (I'm sure he'll correct me if I interpret him wrongly) that whenever you build one building, you are naturally not building another. The time spent building the AO could be spent building saddlemaker (expanding kiln/whatever) and whatever benefit the AO might have on other buildings in the long run, your saddlemaker/kiln will still become productive later than it would be had you built it in the place (queue-wise) of the AO. 

With a healthy dose of newb ignorance: 

Personally I think the two proposed caveats somewhat cancel each other out, if it is advanced resource building you would be losing 'opportunity' time on, it must be considered that operating this advanced res building consumes resource, which being the concern of the first caveat reduces it's own opportunity value. If Res is indeed so short that you risk stalling the queue-at-large by virtue of prioritizing the AO, this will presumably also be the case with any AdvRes building. 

The AO, unlike most tertiary buildings is always operational until such time as it will not be operational ever again (to all intents and purposes.) Thus the earlier it is built the more efficient, assuming caveat 1 is not true.

Regardless, it doesn't seem likely (to me) that one could conceivably lose more than one gains from an AO if built at a sane point in the schedule.

Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 00:58
If you only compare the time for building one advanced building vs. the time of building the AO then that single advanced building, then yes it will not be cost affective; however, if you take into consideration the time to build the AO plus even 3 other advanced buildings then the AO more than pays for itself in the time savings category. 

Khèlbên Khál View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 01:17
And to think I could of just written that instead ;-)
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 08:18
Originally posted by Khèlbên Khál Khèlbên Khál wrote:

And to think I could of just written that instead ;-)

I wish I could have just summed it up that easily. Thank you for explaining what he was trying to say.

Edited by Quackers - 09 May 2012 at 08:19
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 08:24
Originally posted by rowan10 rowan10 wrote:

Grow Landscapes providing residential and commercial landscaping, garden design and grounds maintenance services in Northern Virginia, Maryland & Washington DC.

Yep even an Architects office can help grow your business faster. :)
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic