Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed06FEB12 - Infrastructure Change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
7Skiaxtro View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 16:33
I have a problem that is .. somehow associated with this new change. I cannot access the game from firefox no longer since it now says  (server is being upgraded) while when i join from google chrome, it doesnt say anything... I dont know what that means.. but i havent done anything  to cause a problem.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 18:08
Originally posted by Malpherion Malpherion wrote:

Keeps happening, never used to. Error message is unable to complete request, happens when your turning cows into leather or changing cities, pretty much anything. Very annoying. Have to refresh everytime you click something.
Could you raise and in-game petition so we can look into this further?
White Beard View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 19:28

Seems worse. Mainly when you build something, it doesnt update/remove the resources you have used. It also often says unable to build, unable to add a trade etc etc, just comes up with an error message of denial
Glad I am not the only one that has this problem, but it has been going on for a few weeks now. I just assumed it was server lag
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 20:41
I sincerely wish I was one of those who couldn't see a difference in the color and contrast. I've already raised a petition about this, but the new color scheme makes me feel like vomiting after just seconds of viewing the game interface. Dead I have no idea why I'm reacting physically to this change in such a strong manner, and I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. I have changed my monitor's colors so that Illy's new color scheme merely makes me mildly dizzy and gives me a slight headache (so I can get on for about 10 minutes at a time), but this also throws off the coloring on everything else on my computer making it not-so-easy or pleasant to use my computer for anything (and I spend most of my day on my computer). Is there any way that players could be allowed to chose the old color scheme or the new one based on their needs and preferences?

Please?

I'm not sure how much longer I can stand getting on Illy when it effects me like this. Cry Then again, if you want me to leave, then this was the perfect scheme. Tongue
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 20:59
Originally posted by White Beard White Beard wrote:

Seems worse. Mainly when you build something, it doesnt update/remove the resources you have used. It also often says unable to build, unable to add a trade etc etc, just comes up with an error message of denial
Glad I am not the only one that has this problem, but it has been going on for a few weeks now. I just assumed it was server lag
Again can you raise an in-game petition, also please state what browser you are using and if you are using any 3rd party tools.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 21:00
Originally posted by 7Skiaxtro 7Skiaxtro wrote:

I have a problem that is .. somehow associated with this new change. I cannot access the game from firefox no longer since it now says  (server is being upgraded) while when i join from google chrome, it doesnt say anything... I dont know what that means.. but i havent done anything  to cause a problem.
We only served that page briefly during the transition so it seems like it is a browser caching issue on your end - please try forcing a refresh of the browser.
Cerridwyn View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 02:17
Originally posted by Mandarins31 Mandarins31 wrote:

About dates, that is normal, it automatically puts it in your original language

My original language is English. 

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 04:41
Yey, the developers fixed my problem! You're my heroes--thanks so much!!! Big smile
White Beard View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 05:37
I just put in a petition ticket number 5318
7Skiaxtro View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 08:04
I just pressed ctrl f5 after searching a bit ,  and it fixed :) thanks a lot thunder cat.  you guys are pros!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic