Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? attacking players at Standing Stones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 19:45
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

I didn't think even other members in H would support such cheapness.

Yeh I think you are correct. Although I wouldn't exactly call it 'cheapness'.

Still there is not any major harm done by this - loss of troops is what is expected in a tournie. I do feel a bit bad for Lady Eira but then again L.E seems to be taking it in good spirit so I don't see that there is a big issue.

Edited by Createure - 17 Jan 2012 at 19:56
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 20:06
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Indeed. I imagine if I started smashing newbie T? armies there would be a whole different view on the matter. I don't care if large players are attacking similarly larger players but when a large player attacks a much much smaller one, I see bullying no matter which way you spin it. 

This.  As I indicated, I was actually surprised at how little PvP there was in this tourney, although there were a couple encounters on The Rift as well.  (I was rather hoping for more action there since Ryelle had front-row seats.)

This tourney provided a great opportunity for smaller players to compete against each other rather than against the bigger players, and maybe we should honor the fact that MOST of the larger players honored the spirit and intention of the tourney.  Well done all.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 22:22
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Killerpoodle's commander Cav4 has 37786 XP
Shadow's has 36787

Are you claiming that Killerpoodle closed the gap by occupying only one standing stone and not exerting the effort that Shadow has? Because if you are, I ain't buying it.
Buy it or don't.  KP has not been babysitting his account, neither has anyone else been doing it for him.  The only extra activity exerted besides plumping down the army each night was redeploying it elsewhere if he noticed the camped stones go dark.  Instead of increasing his commander's xp gain, we decreased Shadow's.  We only managed to overtake Shadow after whittling down and ultimately destroying Shadow's competing army.

It frankly annoys me that the competition still came down to who had the most/closest stones and thus a chance at getting more than 3 hits per night.  On the second last day of the tournament, my armies are still growing faster than the NPCs can kill them and I'm nowhere near the leader board.  But at least some intelligence and tactics played an effectual role.

But hey, apparently my reasoning is flawed, thinly veiled hypocrisy.  So why don't you explain what our real motives are?  What are we hiding, Jude?  Are we all secretly basement dwellers obsessively hyperventilating during our bathroom breaks away from the game?  Maybe we're just pretending to prefer a moderate approach, so everyone else gets lax.  Yeah, that must be it. LOL
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 22:35
I love how the second post in this rapidly growing thread noted that Sansoran's position was not actually threatened by Lady Eira's commander, yet it hasn't occurred to a single of you lemmings that maybe something else was going on that had nothing to do with Sansoran.  Rage first, think later, right?  Thumbs Up

Come on guys, I shouldn't have to spoon feed you mudslingers our own dirt.
- HonoredMule
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 22:46
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Buy it or don't.  KP has not been babysitting his account, neither has anyone else been doing it for him.

I don't.

The only extra activity exerted besides plumping down the army each night was redeploying it elsewhere if he noticed the camped stones go dark.  Instead of increasing his commander's xp gain, we decreased Shadow's.  We only managed to overtake Shadow after whittling down and ultimately destroying Shadow's competing army.

You were gaining on both Shadow and Canes before you took out Shadow's commanders. Is this some new math I am unaware of where your gains matched Shadow by sheer inactivity? Must be I suppose, because either way you look at it, the numbers tell a much different story.

Hey, at least you are finally showing some consistency in your denials, because you sure weren't when you explained your reasoning for pursuing this course of action.

It frankly annoys me that the competition still came down to who had the most/closest stones and thus a chance at getting more than 3 hits per night.  On the second last day of the tournament, my armies are still growing faster than the NPCs can kill them and I'm nowhere near the leader board.  But at least some intelligence and tactics played an effectual role.

That annoys me too, but it is what it is.

But hey, apparently my reasoning is flawed, thinly veiled hypocrisy.  So why don't you explain what our real motives are?  What are we hiding, Jude?  Are we all secretly basement dwellers obsessively hyperventilating during our bathroom breaks away from the game?  Maybe we're just pretending to prefer a moderate approach, so everyone else gets lax.  Yeah, that must be it. LOL

You know, I think you nailed it. I would leave out the "moderate" part as I don't see anything moderate about the effort you put into taking out the top three players. I would also tack on the end of all that, that you enjoy waving your e-peens around too.

In short, I'd respect you more if you just came out and said at the beginning that PvP adds an interesting element to the tournament and didn't prattle on about this tournament favoring the "no-lifers".....and then go to show yourselves as....well...."no lifers"

Edited by StJude - 17 Jan 2012 at 22:48
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 22:54

... yet it hasn't occurred to a single of you lemmings....

UMADBRO?

Come on guys, I shouldn't have to spoon feed you mudslingers our own dirt.

Please continue sir, you are doing an amazing job! Lemmings eh? I love it!

You make my job easier and easier.
LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 23:03

I love how the second post in this rapidly growing thread noted that Sansoran's position was not actually threatened by Lady Eira's commander, yet it hasn't occurred to a single of you lemmings that maybe something else was going on that had nothing to do with Sansoran. 

You mean like trying to secure a "scoring" place for your henchman in T?

No, that would never have occurred to me.

I'm just a suicidal rodent, right? Intelligent thoughts never occur to me. Not like the great HonouredMule. Only the great Honoured Mule would ever have intelligent thoughts.
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 23:10
point of information: lemmings aren't actually suicidal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDqlZjpSJCc
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 23:16
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

Only the great Honoured Mule would ever have intelligent thoughts.
Why thank you.  I'm glad you noticed. Big smile

Here's a crazy thought.  What if NightFury and this "henchman" in T were the same guy?

Woah.

Mind = blown.
- HonoredMule
Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 23:33

As someone who has benefitted from having multiple stones in the near vicinity, I agree. I believe that for most of us in the lower leagues, though, it has still come down to the strategy of allotment of commander upgrades, use and setup of sov squares, and composition of armies. Patience and persistence have been the other winning factors. Take away any one of those factors, and the advantage of multiple stones would be negated.

As for the initial subject of this thread, I tend to agree that the *unfairness* lies not in the tactic, but in the size differential between the players. However, this is an internal matter for H? to handle (or ignore), and their response (or lack of it) will be for the rest of us to interpret as we see fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic