Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? attacking players at Standing Stones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: H? attacking players at Standing Stones
    Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 16:53
Originally posted by Prometheuz Prometheuz wrote:

and I always love watching kumo get caught in a tissie fit. Thank you for the entertainment Tongue

??? -- I've remained completely calm and wasn't "caught" in anything...
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 16:44
yes the kitty is the best part of this thread
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 15:32
How cwute is de kwitty!

Awwww. Fuzzy warmness.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 13:56
Originally posted by Jane DarkMagic Jane DarkMagic wrote:

To summarize where this thread has went:  Nightwolf got overly enthusiastic in the tournament and attacked a smaller league player to help an alliance-mate.   By now I'm sure he realizes why this is considered bad to a lot of people.  The action was not sanctioned by H? but it's also obviously not something large enough in scale that they are going to whip him publicly for... nor should they.

I'm fine with this.  Resolved!  Time to share a beer and move on.. and send clay to newbs!  Happy Clay Day!

Jane DM

I agree, and I think it is time to look ahead...
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 12:14
Im new to the game, but I cannot see what the problem is.  Its a competition, in competitions there are winners and losers.  Most competitors in most competitions use tactics, its part of the game.  If ppl dont like it form your own game plan, just my thoughts.
Prometheuz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 11:59
Not a bad little thread as things go...

...great vid and I always love watching kumo get caught in a tissie fit. Thank you for the entertainment Tongue
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 05:08
I wonder what would happen if Harmless changed their name and/or their ticker....
Then all these topics people have made complaining about H? or Harmless will not seem relevant
Beer
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 03:52
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

[QUOTE=KillerPoodle]

I see you took one last chance to completely avoid eating Crow

One would hope!  At the very least, they would end up with a bad case of indigestion.

Wink
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 03:34
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

On topic for what it's worth:

We discussed internally about spicing things up - with the main focus on League A. As HM said we prefer to work smarter than harder (although catching Shadow and canesRule through the last two weeks of the tourney was the definition of hard work for me).

What we did not do, and for that I take full responsibility, was make it clear that the directors were thinking about this only for League A/Large Alliances.   And of course we are full of smart and enterprising members, one of whom saw a nice opportunity elsewhere.

I agree picking on small folk is generally not the best way to conduct oneself but is that single event worth all the cheat beating seen from our usual detractors? Of course not, however I expect them to continue to whine just as I expect night to follow day.

FYI - Peace and H? had some nice PvP going on as well. I spent the last two nights of the tourney organizing short notice clearances of occupied stones and dodging incoming attacks while still racking up enough xp to get within one undead army of the lead (until the final hurrah messed everything up).  And you know what - *it was fun*.

You would have saved a lot of arguing had this statement been "issued" 11 pages back and would have increased it's current value.

I see you took one last chance to completely avoid eating crow and took a cheap parting shot, but it's a step in the right direction and I applaud that at least.

I think PvP is a necessary component toward having fun, thanks for making an effort to re-introduce it in such a way that players didn't lose cities.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 03:16
On topic for what it's worth:

We discussed internally about spicing things up - with the main focus on League A. As HM said we prefer to work smarter than harder (although catching Shadow and canesRule through the last two weeks of the tourney was the definition of hard work for me).

What we did not do, and for that I take full responsibility, was make it clear that the directors were thinking about this only for League A/Large Alliances.   And of course we are full of smart and enterprising members, one of whom saw a nice opportunity elsewhere.

I agree picking on small folk is generally not the best way to conduct oneself but is that single event worth all the cheat beating seen from our usual detractors? Of course not, however I expect them to continue to whine just as I expect night to follow day.

FYI - Peace and H? had some nice PvP going on as well. I spent the last two nights of the tourney organizing short notice clearances of occupied stones and dodging incoming attacks while still racking up enough xp to get within one undead army of the lead (until the final hurrah messed everything up).  And you know what - *it was fun*.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic