Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Undead Horde - Intro & Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shadow View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 19:29
I've been reading through these posts and just want to let everyone know that there is plenty of strategy to this tourny. I assure everyone that "sitting around waiting" is not how i acquired the lead. Yes the Dev's are testing Faction AI, and I for one am grateful they are allowing us to be part of it. That's all i have, have a great dayThumbs Up 
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 20:37
There now seems to be a good reason to level up a commander's Force of Will skill. However, would a GM please explain how Force of Will works? It's listed as a unit skill, which usually means that it only helps the troops in the division directly under the commander...or at least that's how I understood it. But the magic attacks appear to be an all-or-none deal.

If you have one commander over an army with more than one division, does Force Of Will work to protect the entire army, somehow only protection the division under the commander who has Force of Will, or not work at all unless all of the army units are under a commander with Force of Will?

What if the army has five divisions with five commanders, but the commanders have different levels of Force of Will?

Basically, how does Force of Will work? Thank you.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 20:52
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

I've been reading through these posts and just want to let everyone know that there is plenty of strategy to this tourny. I assure everyone that "sitting around waiting" is not how i acquired the lead. Yes the Dev's are testing Faction AI, and I for one am grateful they are allowing us to be part of it. That's all i have, have a great dayThumbs Up 

If look at the lead that Shadow pulled ahead by, it attests to the fact that he is pioneering some effective tourney tactics!
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 03:42
Time will tell if Shadow's extra effort is worthwhile or will be ultimately stymied by unsustainable losses.  I think I prefer my beauty sleep (not that I have a sufficient quantity of near-enough standing stones for his sniping tactic anyway).  I'm banking on the hit magnitude doubling or tripling the current strength by the time the tourney ends.  If it doesn't, at least I haven't wasted too much time slaving over the game. Wink
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
liberty6 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 06:59
they need more tournies like this

Edited by liberty6 - 31 Dec 2011 at 06:59
whats happened to the world? if intelegent life came to earth is RL would they consider us intelligent or not? probably not!!!!
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 08:07
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
They also believe that - as time progresses - the strength and numbers of the undead will grow each night.

Anyone can participate in this tournament - all you need is an army with a Commander, although you would also be wise to have some troops as well :)

... and a horde led by rotting zombies

Till now all that has come is 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. When are the drummers and pipers coming? Big smile

Kelis View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 19:37
Although I'm thrilled to see my commander, Rubicon, holding down #7 spot in League A, I don't see any way of improving my daily kill results, and I can see others moving ahead of me soon. The undead armies are always the same strength, only 3 undead armies come to the square Rubicon occupies each day with the exact same battle results all three times.

I can't justify trying to get to another activated standing stone square in time to be there for the undead becauseI've estimated that the closest one I could go to would be at least 5 hours (!) away from the one I'm on when you consider that I have to return to my city before sending it out again.

I would have to see an undead army coming by more than 5 hours away (I believe the skels move at about 6 sqs/hr). So I'd have to see them at least 30 squares away from their destination, and make plans to exit my real life to be ready to send out my recalled army in time to be there at the new location ready to defend.

This is hardly realistic for me since I do enjoy my real life!

Because of this, I see the contest favouring any player who has a few standing stones squares close by and can quickly switch locations to intercept the undead armies.

So I will continue to leave Rubicon to occupy one location, and HOPE more undead come my way (seems unlikely), and not the league leaders' ways. No strategy there, just raw luck.

For now, I don't see any realistic strategy that can improve my standing in League A.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I'm probably missing something here...

Kelis the saddle guy
Kelis
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 20:54
The numbers might go up considerably. Till a few days back they were coming in 'packs' and now they are coming in 'many'. 
Gatherings, hordes or even legions might come - we have 18 more days to go. 

G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 23:27
Well I was holding 39th down quite well, but now I'm at 61 and havent had an attack for a day Tongue
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 06:21
And they're gonna get bigger when..... BIG YAWN Disapprove
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic