Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Main:Catastrophic Magick Experiment Shatters Ursor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMain:Catastrophic Magick Experiment Shatters Ursor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Main:Catastrophic Magick Experiment Shatters Ursor
    Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 09:49
Word has reached us of a terrible, cataclysmic event that occurred earlier today in Ursor. 

A mage employed by the Circle of Five was conducting advanced research into magickal uses for the body parts of animals. 

Working alone in his tower in Ursor, he had recently reported that he was close to a research breakthrough and was preparing a Rite Of Summoning, with the assistance of some Shamans from the Blood Reavers.

Something has obviously gone terribly wrong. A blast, felt by all for hundreds of miles in every direction has shattered the land, leaving bubbling pits of magma, sulphurous gases and - most disturbingly of all - unnatural structures in place of the pleasant forests and mountains that stood there before.

The Rift Of Usor

A spokesman for the Council of Illyria has summoned senior archmages from the Circle Of Five to not only explain what they were attempting to do, but - more importantly - what has actually happened to this Northern Part of the world.

Citizens living near The Rift have expressed their shock and dismay.

Terence Bromont of Ursor told us that "The night sky is lit aglow with burning yellow clouds, and all the animals have gone crazy for miles around. 

My livestock are producing sour milk, the horses are long gone - breaking down the fence in their dash southwards. 

As for my dog, well he just howls and whines, slinking about beneath my feet. Whatever is going on up there, it ain't right. 

Something's been broken and I don't rightly think it can be put back together again."

We will, of course, bring you further news as this terrible tale unfolds.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:19
As soon as Ryelle heard of a rift in the fabric of the world, she became determined to snuggle it whole again.

The results of her investigations can be found here:

SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 21:44
/me applauds Ryelle - (^_^)
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic