illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe fortune-teller tells...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The fortune-teller tells...
    Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 16:45

Hello community,

based on the observations of Stephens, our alliance (The Old Republic) managed to send various diplo units to the fortune-teller (sadly no army and no messenger). We hope it will help to solve that mystery. However, it could also be a innovative way of telling us what the admin is planning for the future (my guess or I do not get it):

The gypsy fortune-teller tells your Scouts: "You will go on a long journey, and meet many new people. You should look to stone for secrets, and you should never trust tall, dark strangers, especially in dark alleys."

Your diplomatic mission is heading home, alternately pondering and dismissing these words of wisdom.

The gypsy fortune-teller tells your Spies: "You are clearly intelligent, witty, and insightful. In the past, you have not been used to your full potential. In the future, your wits could be put to a wider variety of uses."

Your diplomatic mission is heading home, alternately pondering and dismissing these words of wisdom.

The gypsy fortune-teller tells your Thieves: "Beware what lurks beneath the desert sands, for though there is treasure there it is also well guarded."

The gypsy fortune-teller tells your Saboteurs: "Though you are a master of destruction, I foresee few threats to you, personally. While your fellows will face many dangers in many places across the land, you have much less to fear."

The gypsy fortune-teller tells your Assassins: "I often tell my clients that they will meet a tall dark stranger.

I hope that isn’t you. I wouldn’t want them to have to meet you in a dark alleyway.

In any case… I see that a long journey might beckon you, but you should not expect it to succeed; there is much to be learned from the servants of an old man, but I foresee that his followers will not yet teach you their secrets.
"

However, please do not forget: Gypsy IS (in RL) a discriminatory (rude) label for various (constructed/”ethical”) groups in Europe and elsewhere.

Regards
J

If you like democracy, feel free to join the Old Republic!!!
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 16:57
Random speculation: 

1) Assassins will be able to stop scouts?

2) Spies will be more useful?

3) Some kind of desert mystery for thieves?

4) Nobody employs saboteurs defensively,  maybe runes will be less dangerous to them?

5) Fortress of Shadows reference maybe?

I don't know, but this fascinates me.
Prometheuz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 17:13
Thanks Janosch, for the work that you and your alliance put into this. We are a great deal further forward to unravelling this mystery as a result Clap

I share your views about the use of the term Gypsy which is considered derogatory by many members of the Romany community because of the negative and stereotypical connotations that have become attached to it.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 18:22
I disagree that 'gypsy' is a derogatory term - yes it does get regularly used in a derotary manner but I think the key thing here is the manner of it's use, and not the word itself.

Describing someone as a 'gypsy' is NOT offensive in itself - it is simply an ethinc group and/or a nomadic way of life with it's own culture/traditions etc. It is when malice/hate/racist connotations are added to the use of the word that it becomes an issue - and I hope our community is sensible enough to spot the difference.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 11:22
"I foresee few threats to you, personally. While your fellows will face many dangers in many places across the land, you have much less to fear."

Someone go find out if Sabs are HoC-proof. Big smile
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 17:38
As someone who just joined this discussion, this is what I see:

Scouts to stone for secret – clue

Utilize Spies, but not here – not a clue

Thieves can find a Treasure beneath the desert - clue

Saboteurs not useful here – not a clue

Assassins will not succeed – not a clue

Thus, I would guess, Scouts must find a stone-type plot in a desert terrain, but only enough thieves can obtain the treasure... or am I being overly simplistic?

Learner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 21:39
Hm.....stones.....Standing Stones....??
Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 05:04
Messenger has no results.  
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 23:35
Originally posted by Silent/Steadfast Silent/Steadfast wrote:

Messenger has no results.  

Thanks for info, I wanted to test this, but obviously it's pointless.  While at it, harvesting at HoC also does not work (no resources, van returned after some days).
Cerridwyn View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 03:24
Anyone gone back since the tourney ended?

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic