Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSettlement Proximity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 03:17
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Why?

Why is it a problem if ANY player is within 10squares of a H? player or ANY other player for that matter?

Awww. Judy, you're special.

You get a 100 square rule.

See you in the game (though not within 100 squares you understand Wink )
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 03:52
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Why?

Why is it a problem if ANY player is within 10squares of a H? player or ANY other player for that matter?

Awww. Judy, you're special.

You get a 100 square rule.

See you in the game (though not within 100 squares you understand Wink )

You know actually I think an Illy restraining order is the best solution in this situation.

In regards to the OP, this is all well and good for the 5% of players that read the forums, but I hope you realize that this will do very little to reduce these incidents. 
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 04:28
Seem to remember a similar issue a while back, now what happened there? Oh yeah big player was not happy with a smaller player being close to his city................you all know the story, the bullying word got bandied about, anyway territorial claims are quite within the rules, quite a realistic method too, boom tish! Its a bit hypocritical on H's behalf considering their previous actions but I see it as unavoidable for not just H but all of us so I support the tactic, lets see how it goes from here with the rest of the alliances.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 04:32
Originally posted by Mr Damage Its a bit hypocritical on H's behalf considering their previous actions but I see it as unavoidable for not just H but all of us so I support the tactic, lets see how it goes from here with the rest of the alliances.[/QUOTE Mr Damage Its a bit hypocritical on H's behalf considering their previous actions but I see it as unavoidable for not just H but all of us so I support the tactic, lets see how it goes from here with the rest of the alliances.[/QUOTE wrote:

I think it will be inevitable with all large alliances, but I really don't see why it is hypocritical?

I think it will be inevitable with all large alliances, but I really don't see why it is hypocritical?

Edited by Kumomoto - 13 Nov 2011 at 04:35
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 08:55
Lets have all top 5 alliances declare 10 square rule and  and see whats left of the map :)

If there will be 10 square rule then it needs to be more precise.What is status of hubs?If there is H? player does that mean that NPC hubs will be restricted to others?Also what about more densely populated area like Middle kingdom where there are cities packed close from several alliances.What would happen if two players (one from h? and one from some other alliance) already have cities within 10 sq and player not in H? wants to reinf his cluster by settling new city within that 10 sq?If i wanted to settle new city in old Invictus hub in Middle kingdom i dont think i will ask permision from H? that has cities within 10 sq of it.Also some players have joined H? in past few months and they are still close to their old neighbours that can create many situations.Also Larn is traditionaly used for Victrix new players and many Crow players and no teritorialism was present there before.Are they all to ask aproval from H? players when settling new cities in something that is considered free land for new players?

That 10 square rule needs to be more specifiic or H? diplomats will be very busy.I think that many will respect that 10 sq where there are H? clusters like in west Tallimar, Lan Larosh or Azura, but i cant see that people will humiliate them self by asking if they can settle new city near their previous city , if it is within 10 sq of H? city, or near NPC hubs or areas that are traditionaly "free for all" like central regions
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:05
It'll get complicated but its unavoidable, the outcome will, as always, be decided mostly by he who has the greater strength, that is the reality. You have already mentioned alot of what lies ahead Sloter and it will be interesting to watch how it plays out.
Honeyrose View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:06
Hello :)

just tryin to make sense of it all...so the "ten square" respected/ownership/squares applies to everyone or just "the big players"? I think it is kinda sad to have to ask anyone to move a city due to just their size...maybe someone doesn't want to cause trouble or wants to move closer to their own city n yet THAT big player is in the way...think it works either way...:) ...if ya really think about it, do the big players feel like they have to ask? just curious :)

thanks

Shella

Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:16
Same old...same old. KP tries raise the 10 square rule to try inject a bit of contention and gain kudos at the same. The fact is that very few players will respond and even more just can't be bothered to pay any attention at all. Why? Because they have heard it all before and it is boring!

It's time for a new server.

Honeyrose View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:25
hmmm well i'm new n i'm readin :) just learnin as I go :)
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 10:54
Originally posted by Celebcalen Celebcalen wrote:

Same old...same old. KP tries raise the 10 square rule to try inject a bit of contention and gain kudos at the same. The fact is that very few players will respond and even more just can't be bothered to pay any attention at all. Why? Because they have heard it all before and it is boring!

It's time for a new server.

I love it every time the "we failed at this server, let's start again" crowd decides to crow...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic