Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSettlement Proximity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Settlement Proximity
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 15:08
thank you for bumping the post instead of making a new one. +1 to H? internet powers. 

Ossian View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 14:58
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Although thanking third parties for what they think is reasonable/appropriate/fair etc, this is not a request for discussion rather a statement of policy.

Harmless's position is clear and this thread was bumped as a reminder to all regards our stance in light of a recent multitude of issues deriving from player naievitv.

/me spies a bowl popcorn with "Gemley The Dwarf" written on the side and settles into the bleachers Wink

vty View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 03:52
Do what you want, be prepared to defend if needed.
gangas View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 22:32
i must say i like the 10 sq economic zone around city's and if that area should be put in question by a player wishing to move with in that zone should ask first    my opinion only 
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 22:16
Although thanking third parties for what they think is reasonable/appropriate/fair etc, this is not a request for discussion rather a statement of policy.

Harmless's position is clear and this thread was bumped as a reminder to all regards our stance in light of a recent multitude of issues deriving from player naievitv.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 20:00
H?, I hear this new confederation CONSONE thinks your idea smells bad! Like Crow-poo bad!

(yes I'm trying to start WW3) 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 19:23
H? has normally been pretty agreeable to requests from players in my alliances who wished to settle within 10 squares (but at a reasonable distance, usually around 8 squares) from an existing H? city.

I think that most alliances like to be consulted within 10 squares, but in my experience if it's 6 or more squares then most are fairly agreeable, as long as there isn't some compelling sov 4 squares out or something.  I certainly try to hold that policy in nCrow and Ryelle does in HUGcr.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 18:36
Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

I would like to put my pennies worth in here....  10 squares?  yeah I think this is a little extreme, 4 or 5 squares I consider more than appropriate, however.....

H are a large and often aggresive alliance, so in my mind if anyone that is not allied to them who settles within 10 squares is a bit stupid.  However....

The map is becoming constricted, so perhap long standing players need to give some more allowance to people settling within proximity of their cities.  Considering this fact though, H are merely requesting contact regarding people settling so close, they are not saying you can not do it, although knowing H I expect concetions would be expected from anyone doing such a thing.

Despite these details, this is a game and a fairly militaristic one after all, so if H feel the need to militarily prevent people from doing such a thing, then they can.  However (and yes I do like that word)...  If H expect this from others then they should set the example by doing the same themselves... rather than demanding that players do not settle that close, they should have addressed this issue by saying  their members and the members of the confeds would contact anyone within 10 squares of where they want to settle to check its OK and that in turn they expect others to return that respectfull policy.

Please get knowledgeable about your subject matter prior to posting. H? has allowed dozens of non-H? cities to settle within our 10 square rule. In fact, when asked prior, most of the time the answer has been to welcome the newcomer. And, for the record, H? members almost always ask others before settling within 10 squares of them.

And, if you think we are an "often aggressive" alliance, you are deluded. We have refrained from aggression a thousand times more than taking any sort of action. Again. Please educate yourself prior to discourse. It will make the conversation that much more valuable.
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 18:09
I would like to put my pennies worth in here....  10 squares?  yeah I think this is a little extreme, 4 or 5 squares I consider more than appropriate, however.....

H are a large and often aggresive alliance, so in my mind if anyone that is not allied to them who settles within 10 squares is a bit stupid.  However....

The map is becoming constricted, so perhap long standing players need to give some more allowance to people settling within proximity of their cities.  Considering this fact though, H are merely requesting contact regarding people settling so close, they are not saying you can not do it, although knowing H I expect concetions would be expected from anyone doing such a thing.

Despite these details, this is a game and a fairly militaristic one after all, so if H feel the need to militarily prevent people from doing such a thing, then they can.  However (and yes I do like that word)...  If H expect this from others then they should set the example by doing the same themselves... rather than demanding that players do not settle that close, they should have addressed this issue by saying  their members and the members of the confeds would contact anyone within 10 squares of where they want to settle to check its OK and that in turn they expect others to return that respectfull policy.

Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 17:44
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

H? has recently found itself increasingly involved in diplomatic discussions around city proximity.

While it seems as though most players are courteous enough to contact prospective new neighbors before they move or settle in their vicinity, we've also had to deal with folks who just don't think or even deliberately try to cause a problem.

To avoid future disappointment players who wish to move their cities or settle within 10 squares of an existing Harmless? city are advised to contact the player concerned and an H? diplomat/director before the move to discuss it and reach an agreement.

Thanks for your attention.

KP

H? has seen a recent increase in people not contacting us prior to settling within 10 squares of our cities. This is a friendly reminder to do so. Please, if you are planning on moving to within 10 squares of an H? city, do not fail to contact a representative of H? prior to moving.

Thank you,

H?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic