Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step by Step Guide to Claiming Sovereignty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 16:48
Originally posted by Mara Zira Mara Zira wrote:

To start your sovereignty claim, go to the World Map, click on the square you wish to claim, and select Send Army from the menu. This will take you to the Military Orders page. Your army only needs to be a commander with one army unit under him. For to the army you want to use, select Occupy for the Orders. Select the amount of time you want them to stay there. They only need to be there long enough for you to do the next step (about 10 minutes). Leaving the army there longer does not decrease the amount of time it takes to claim Sovereignty on the square. (Test that for yourself if you doubt me.)

With the recent bug fixes for sovereignty this is no longer the case. Sovereignty claims now take much longer to balance if the army does not stay throughout the entire claim process, which was the original intent.

Edited by Llyr - 23 Jul 2013 at 16:49

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 00:59
Llyr, does it work as documented, with the occupying army reducing time to claim sovereignty by 50%?

Thanks!
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 04:04
It appears to Rill; a couple of days ago (after the sov bug fixes were announced) I did some sov claims using the usual trick of only leaving the armies there long enough to push the claim button; when I looked back the balance time was much longer than it used to be. I'm assuming the devs "corrected" the "bug" that actually worked in our favour.

Edited by Llyr - 24 Jul 2013 at 04:05

Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 18:53
Originally posted by Llyr Llyr wrote:

With the recent bug fixes for sovereignty this is no longer the case. Sovereignty claims now take much longer to balance if the army does not stay throughout the entire claim process, which was the original intent.

STUPIDITY ALERT! It turns out I was mistaken; the times are still the same regardless of whether the army stays or not. WARNING: Do not play this game while sober, you start to imagine things.

AmosCB View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmosCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 21:29
  Wow  17 pages copied to MS word 7 Big smile.   This will take a bit more time to view let alone comprehend  Smile
Love your details (the few I read, so far)   and will be moving toward claiming sov soon LOL

Thank You!   this might stretch my little mind a bit more Big smile  to bad I'm Sleepy tis Embarrassed
 but i am what I am LOL
juliaroberts2403 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliaroberts2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:01
Good guide. This is helpful, Thanks !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic