Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step by Step Guide to Claiming Sovereignty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 02:48
I updated the guide to add Example 1, Example 2, and Example 3 and the section titled "But That Square Over There Has a Bonus....Surely...." This post is just to let people know that new material has been added.

Edited by Mara Zira - 11 Jan 2012 at 02:50
Marquesta View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marquesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 20:35
>Ways to Claim Sovereignty Claimed by Another Player
If you capture a city using Siege, the Sovereignty for that city should transfer to the new owner of the city.

This didn't happen when I sieged and captured a city. I was notified at the capture, that all sov claims were reduced and lost. There was a glitch that caused it to say that I still had sov but it didn't reflect in the production page. I had to start the claims over at lvl 1. 
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 05:33
Originally posted by Marquesta Marquesta wrote:

> all sov claims were reduced and lost
Was there any gold left after you reduced the captured town to a quarter of its initial population?  If all research points are always lost this could be an unintended side-effect of the 2011-12-09 release; no research points => no sovereignty.Question
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 06:02
All sovereignty claims owned by a city are forfeited when the city is captured by another player.  This mechanic was having some glitches for a while (still showed the sov as active but did not give sov benefits or charge sov costs), but I believe it is working now.

Mana and research points are reset to 0 when a city is captured, but the library will continue to generate research points (if you did not completely demolish the library).  So in many cases the city COULD continue to support one or more sovereignty squares, but as mentioned all sovereignty is canceled when the city is captured.
Nyth View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 09:42
I very stoopidly lost sight of the amount of gold I had at a town while arranging an exodus at another, and lost the sov at it.  I have reclaimed two of the spots I had, but one was a Level V and I can see no way to reclaim it.  There is no option to do anything but demolish the structure.. but I cannot see how that will let me reclaim the square?  Any help would be much appreciated!
Nyth
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 16:31
Originally posted by Nyth Nyth wrote:

I very stoopidly lost sight of the amount of gold I had at a town while arranging an exodus at another, and lost the sov at it.  I have reclaimed two of the spots I had, but one was a Level V and I can see no way to reclaim it.  There is no option to do anything but demolish the structure.. but I cannot see how that will let me reclaim the square?  Any help would be much appreciated!
Nyth
Send your army to the Sov sq and initiate a Sov Claim as usual.  I had the same situation and my level 5 Sov was immediately restored.  However, I did act quickly so time might be working against you.
Nyth View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 23:02
Thank you TD - but I did that but couldn't reclaim the square.... the option is just not there on the list.  It was for the other two...... 
Nyth View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 23:04
Originally posted by Nyth Nyth wrote:

Thank you TD - but I did that but couldn't reclaim the square.... the option is just not there on the list.  It was for the other two...... 

I just tried again, and the option was there this time........ how strange... it definitely wasnt before.... honest!!!
thanks TD again :)
ibwebb View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 05:35
WOW and THANK YOU! This is a wonderful tool and I have it bookmarked to reference! 

ibwebb
st aug View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 20:27
Very nice job and very well done. This post will help a lot of people. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic