FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrading For Dummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 18:47
  The game obliviously gives you limited things to do; one of which is trading of course. So generally players will take part in it.  Also new members do themselves require gold to a certain degree; especially of they are using prestige to upgrade faster ( they would need a large amount of resources that could be bought ). Yes; there is of course the hording factor that does exist; large numbers are great :)    

Edited by <Squill> - 24 Oct 2011 at 18:52
Cuddlefuzz View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 19:24
Originally posted by <Squill> <Squill> wrote:

Also new members do themselves require gold to a certain degree; especially of they are using prestige to upgrade faster ( they would need a large amount of resources that could be bought ).

That's possible.  Then it follows, are the established players selling the basic resources to the younger players?  In effect, the system is simply bartering basic for advanced and vice-versa?
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 19:29
Things are changing with that situation too new tier II buildings need basic resources so big players will need more of them also. Also with the new buildings some players might stop producing some advanced resources and buying them instead to get more places for other structures.   
Parker View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 20:16
On the new player part, for example why do I trade?
1st, I have come from a game driven by economics (eve) and as much as in real life, there as well if you had tons of money, your possibilities and freedom of gameplay was much bigger than those who had less.
As a new player, with small or no tax incomes, money can be a factor when you start building an army. 
Obviously, spending your resources for gold would slow your development down, but in my case that isn't really a factor, since i use gold to make more gold, i personally dont sell a single resource on the market that i have made in my small town.
Ofc i have no experience whatsoever about the life of veterans with 6-7 cities, 100k+ pop etc, but for now, gold is a factor as a beginner. It can and it does make my life easier.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 22:44
Parker,

Gold takes time to accumulate.  Sometimes new players are given gold.  The marketplace is not new player friendly.  To buy basic resources requires gold which, as noted, is in short supply for the new player.  Most of the basic resource sell orders are too large for a new player to afford or even handle in their smaller storehouses.   Travel distances and limited number of caravans also hinder the new player in using the marketplace.

A new player can not reasonably expect to sell basic resources for gold.  Even at a marketplace supporting 30 vans at 1K capacity each, the biggest shipment of basics is just 30K. And that ties up all your caravans for who knows how long.
Parker View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 23:24
By spending resources i meant making advanced resources and then sell them on the market. This is what new players shouldnt and i dont do as well, since basic resources are more important than money per se.
But, with trading (and by trading i mean you buy something with a buy order and sell it with a sell order) you can make money without using up a single resource. Ofc I'm talking about advanced resources. Even if you start with a few pieces, 10,100, doesnt matter, you can make profit. 

I recieved 400k gold altogether from gift caravans which made this way easier than it should have been without a single gold gift. 
by now i reached a point where i can buy from the market whatever i need for a while if i want it (adv resources for troop production etc) and i can save my basic resources for continous building, moreover, buy more if im depleted a bit.

Edited by Parker - 24 Oct 2011 at 23:25
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 03:31
Our work among the earliest market-makers in the revised trade system are successful.
Go forth and prosper.
Enjoy.Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic