Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - seiging an abandoned town - are ther any how tos?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedseiging an abandoned town - are ther any how tos?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 01:27
This was good for me!! Thanx Rill
Diva
Star
argonaut View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 14:10
It showed me that I'm nowhere near even thinking about it.
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 18:36
Another bit of advice - make 100% sure the town is inactive.  I recommend noting the populations of potential targets and sending it to yourself in a dated mail.  Then, two weeks later, go back and see who has not raised in population.  These become the targets. 

If you have thieves, send them first to take anything good.  Following this, send a mail to any player (inactive) who is still in an alliance and let the leadership know what you plan to do.  If the inactive player is in an alliance, their alliance may want to take the towns for themselves and may attack if you send a siege without contacting them about it.

After these precautions, go for it!  (^_^)
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

argonaut View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:13
My settlers tab tells me that I need  to have 5000 pop. for my next city. What would happen if I siege and capture a town when my pop. is under 5000? Do I need to send settlers to it?
WightNolf View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 16:27
You cant capture a town if you do not meet the population requirements so you would have to razed it.

And if you do meet the requirements, it should tell you if you want to capture or raze, once youve reduced the population to 25% of course.
Ofwgkta
argonaut View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 20:07
Thanks for the info.
Rymal View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 06:29
Is it possible to reinforce your own siege troops?  i.e. 

i) Can you add siege equipment to the siege  if you want to "speed it up"? (or perhaps you                    didn't initially send siege equipment to take the the walls, and want to add it)

ii) Can you reinforce  during the siege process with  troops that will be used to battle the troops             within the city when the siege part of the operation has been completed?

If you send 2 siege armies (from 2 different cities), would the first one to arrive be considered the main siege and would that army be the one that should include the troops to take a defended city? 

Is it possible for the siege army that arrived second to make the final shot, and would that army need to include the attack troops?

You may ask why the sieging player wouldn't plan properly to start with, but there can be times when speed is of the essence.

Thanks very much.

"I'm asking for a friend"  Big smile

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 06:54
You cannot siege with two armies from the same square.  You can siege with two or more different armies (from the same city, from another city, from a friend's city, from your nemesis's city) as long as they siege from different squares.  A second siege army headed to the same square as the first will either attack the occupying siege (if not NAP'd or confed) or will simply bounce off harmlessly, if the two players are NAP'd or confed.

Sieging with multiple armies will speed up the process somewhat, but also increases the likelihood that one will "overshoot" and reduce the population below the required amount, so it should be used with caution when the intention is to capture the city.  If one intends to capture, it is strongly recommended that the siege army from the player who wishes to capture arrive some hours in advance of any other sieges, for reasons described below.

You can reinforce a siege army by sending troops to occupy on the same square.  However, the reinforcing troops will not accompany the siege army to storm the city on the raze or capture step -- only those troops actually in the same army as the siege equipment will raze or capture.  This can be a problem if there are troops in the target city.  In order to deal with this, one can send troops in the siege army -- t2 swords are the best for this purpose, since the raze/capture battle is fought on buildings terrain.  One can also send armies separately to raid or attack to reduce or eliminate defending armies.  Cavalry armies are often used for this purpose.

When more than one army is sieging, each army will be assigned a population at which the city can be razed or captured.  The earliest army to begin bombardment will have the highest population target.  All armies that begin bombarding after the first army will have their target population reduced based on the total population of the city when bombardment begins.  If a city begins at 10k population, the city must be reduced to 2.5k population in order for the siege army to take the city.  If a second army begins to bombard the city after its population has already been reduced to 8k, that army will have the option to raze and capture when the city reaches 2k population.

In any case, the army that is accompanying the siege army will be the army that accompanies the army on the raze/capture step.  So if the second army to begin sieging is the only army to have troops available to overcome the troops in the city, one would complete the raze/capture step using the siege page of that army.  The population will need to be reduced to the amount based on the total population when that army began bombardment.
Rymal View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 05:41
Thanks Rill -- I especially appreciate the detail about how 2 different siege armies can work together.

lampost View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 03:19
great job guys
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic