Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA story by me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gimli Son of Groin View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A story by me
    Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 16:57
Hehe started a story... This is me, GSoG if you're wondering...
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 16:59
"Daddy asks that you should come." She beckoned, and then the child beamed with sheer delight as she remembered her message the correct way round. Lady Ryelle followed the tiny seven year old around the ancient castle until they met a huge pair of wooden doors. The Lady said, " Here's a pretty coin for you", while trying to fish the coin out of her pocket in her dress. She handed over the coin and opened the door.

Lying on the other side of the thick oak doors were the Council. The Council were the Council of all Illyriad and beyond. They had managed to prevent war and maintain peace for thousands upon thousands of years. Lady Ryelle felt her Elven ears burning as the whole council looked at her. Dwarves, Orcs, Elves and humans all gathered here once every year for the meeting. As the Elf lady sat down, King Hrothgar continued, "We are meeting here to discuss the future of all Illyriad and its Illyrians. We have been continuously raided by the scum of the North- the trolls. I have thought about this for nights and have decided that we should attack back. When we have gained a safe amount of ground, a wall will be erected. A wall that spans all of the border of Illyriad." The king waited for a few seconds and continued. " Many lives will be lost, but I think that we will be able to do it."

An Orc under the name of Warrgh Boss objected, " I don't think that we should. The Orcs are dealing with a problem in the South. The mages are rapidly increasing in number, and have now..." Warrgh Boss sighed, " declared war on the Orcs. They don't outnumber us just yet, but each mage could kill at least 50 Orcs. They are being trained to kill Orcs. If you," the Orc gestured to the Council," attack the mages, you could decimate them and learn the four arts of magic."

King Hrothgar realised that after hours upon hours of this, he got tired. He looked at the window that lead outside and gasped; although they had started early night, and it would be well past midnight now, it was still as bright as ever.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:15
This is awesome! I wanna know what happens.  Mages or trolls, which is worse?
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:16
Hehehe Figure it out

Edited by Gimli Son of Groin - 03 Oct 2011 at 17:17
Hugie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:19
I love the way you weave in the main characters of today's Illyria!  What next?  Who is the 7-year-old?  Why didn't the Lady Ryelle give the child 3k each of basic resources, instead of a small coin? 
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:22
She's a child! She doesn't play, she is.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 07:21
Next bit is coming soon
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 07:40
/me waits Smile

Edited by Rill - 04 Oct 2011 at 07:40
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 17:37
Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something dark flit from shadow to shadow. He continued watching it until it had positioned itself in a direct line with himself. He watched as it took a bow out of it's pouch and saw it aiming. The King yelled, “ Everyone duck! Watch out!” He leapt through the window and tackled the person. As his arms closed around the person, he felt a searing pain in his chest. King Hrothgar drew his sword and as quick as a lightning bolt, stabbed the person in his chest. He felt a sticky liquid dribble down his chest. He looked down at his chest and gasped as he saw the full extent of what had happened to his body.

Belthazor had charged past everyone else, Ryelle following his lead and felt the human king's pulse. Nothing. He started to sob, his face contorted with sadness and tears dribbling down his cheeks, he wailed. His cousin, King Hrothgar had been slain by a mage. This type of mage, he concluded was one of the most powerful in all of Illyriad. Belthazor murmured in a quiet voice,"The King has been slain. We shall wreak havoc among the mages for what they have done to us."

Edited by Gimli Son of Groin - 05 Oct 2011 at 18:07
Belthazor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 17:42
That's my boy.

Clap
We work in the Dark to serve the Light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic