Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last Post Wins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 103>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 20:28
GO! Lacesso GO!

Clap

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 04:41
Well, I try not to disappoint.
Feanaro View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feanaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 05:38
Did I win?
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 04:23
I don't think you did. But it is hard to say.
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:17
I shall sweep all before!Approve
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 04:29
Fun Fact: Horses have a natural fear of camels and elephants. So back in the olden days various groups would counter European calvary with these fears. Middle eastern groups would use camels and Asian groups would use war elephants. That is why vary few divisions of calvary were used i n the crusades or Greece's march on the Persian empire. Just a little animal/history fact.
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:16
  • Sir. You may not have recognised the foremost and most Magnificent Emporer Ashoka in the above masterpiece.  It was that most ingenius military tactician in antiquity who advised Ashoka the Great on cavalry tactics during the Kalinga wars. I refer to none other than Alexander Napoleon Stormcrow whose descendants are said to roam the pavements between  East Acton and Cricklewood to this day. It was A.N. Stormcrow  who invented the ultimate in all mounted units. See below

• Sir I look forward to receiving your capitulation by return of post.
  • Yours in anticpation
  • OSSIAN II
  • Court Biographer to Ashoka Maurya (ret'd) Big smile
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 16:29
I wouldn't say he's the most magnificent emperor, that title is certainly for someone else. But Ashoka almost ruled over all of India, and was one of the largest Eastern powers for its time.
In addition, I believe it was the Egyptians who revolutionized mounted cavalry with the camel gun.
Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 04:50
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 15:15
Who would you offer as a candidate to the title of India's most successful Emporer?  Shivaji? Krishna Devaraya? Samaduragupta? Ranjit Singh? Or perhaps you favour one of the Mughals?  All in their own way made a contribution but it is generally held view that Ashoka Maurya  stands out especially for what he acheived for India after the Battle of Kalinga.
Gimli son of Gloin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 103>
  Share Topic