Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed29SEPT11 Moving Cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 13:10
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Indeed they did say that MrD, please read what I wrote above:

It's quite simple really: Just implement the original 'non-decoupling' solution...

He's such a nice boy. Our Creat
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 14:45
I'm constantly bemused at the 'rationale' whereby gameplay in Illyriad is called into question based upon its real-world appropriateness.

The point of a fantasy game is precisely the ability to do the opposite. So when you next feel like penning a sentence containing the phrase 'In real life' please stop and consider in a game filled with Orcs, Elves and Magic what is the best gameplay option, not what would happen if you were mayor of yourlocaltown-ville.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 15:26
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

I'm constantly bemused at the 'rationale' whereby gameplay in Illyriad is called into question based upon its real-world appropriateness.

The point of a fantasy game is precisely the ability to do the opposite. So when you next feel like penning a sentence containing the phrase 'In real life' please stop and consider in a game filled with Orcs, Elves and Magic what is the best gameplay option, not what would happen if you were mayor of yourlocaltown-ville.

What are you talking about, Lyly? I have to deal with Orcs and Trolls in my everyday real life on a constant basis! And how I manage to balance doing so while playing Illy and keeping my wife happy is nothing short of magic! ;)
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 19:00
I assume that comment was aimed at MrD's post above Lly? In which case I agree totally. We want fun in Illy - we don't want 'real life' - ppls can go play sims if they want 'real-lifes-on-tha-interwebs'.

But I think this is a side-track somewhat... I still want one of the devs to address (or even just acknowledge) my question above.

EDIT: Although I admit it probably comes across as self-important for me to demand the devs individual attention. But the whole point of posting my question here was to see if others wanted to know the same thing/ask the same question... if a significant portion of the community wants to know then I guess it is deserving of dev-attention?

So here it is again anyways: Will the negative-food/zero-balance glitch be fixed please? I understand that food decoupling was put on hold and/or cancelled (as has already been discussed on the previous page) but this does not mean there are not other ways to close this exploit (simpler ways, infact).

Edited by Createure - 08 Nov 2011 at 19:07
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 19:12

So here it is again anyways: Will the negative-food/zero-balance glitch be fixed please? I understand that food decoupling was put on hold and/or cancelled (as has already been discussed on the previous page) but this does not mean there are not other ways to close this exploit (simpler ways, infact).

this is the question.
i dare hope in ... a tax reset that brings the food back into positive. if that would prove impossible, then just max production, whatever the gold negative may be... so much lol if that really happens
Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 19:25

When I think about "in real life" as pertains to this Fantasy game, I'm thinking about *consequences*. One of the really fun things about Illy is that the devs have considered "realistic" consequences in a fantastical world. One of the main aspects of world building is that it must internally consistent; so, for example, if the inhabitants of the world need food to survive, that fact must be applied consistently and appropriately.
I agree, though, that any rule can be made up that is completely different from our "real world"; that rule, then, would just need to be applied consistently and appropriately.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 06:01
Well if fantasy is what we want then why the need  to change things, let the negative food exploit remain, those who choose to use it good for them and those that don't, you are wasting your time playing because you are outnumbered. The St. Jude issue of settling on a single square and being unsiegeable is fine too, it's cheeky and completely unrealistic but stop complaining about it. My reference to real life is just as a method of direction to perhaps develop a way to overcome the issue, it was those who are most affected by the mooted changes (users of the exploit) that complained the loudest and inferred that people would leave the game because of it or there was too much effort required to adjust their cities and they may as well raze their cities and start over. If realism is so offensive to some then maybe common sense is a better term of phrase but at the end of the day elements of real life are what makes these games successful.  So lets end the discussion.

Edited by Mr Damage - 09 Nov 2011 at 07:20
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:28
I think one of the major reasons for the release of Exodos was so that people that would be impacted heavily by closing this glitch had plenty of opportunity to adjust their city placement in advance.

'In advance' has now been several months. Can we now close this glitch please, and prevent those that are still using it from continuing to do so? It is unfair on every player who is now playing by the rules.
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 20:05
Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

If realism is so offensive 

I dont think Im the offended one here.

The point was using realism as the standard is inconsistant. That is all.

No need to take your ball and go home with bringing in unrelated issues now (Judy).
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 22:13

Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

If realism is so offensive 

I dont think Im the offended one here.

The point was using realism as the standard is inconsistant. That is all.

No need to take your ball and go home with bringing in unrelated issues now (Judy).

hehehe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
  Share Topic