Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed29SEPT11 Moving Cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 04:47
Originally posted by hydraa hydraa wrote:

do spells cooldown during the move?
yes

can a moving city be targeted by diplos, spells while moving (could be used somewhat defensivied for smaller towns.
no

Does it auto dispell blights that have been cast against the city?
yes

is there a setup time for the move
no

is there a cooldown time from the previos move  (looks like 5 days)
yes 5 days (per city)

Can caravans be sent to the moving city?
no

101010 = 42

Like your style Wink
fluffy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 05:58
lol

Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 08:36
I am on board with nearly all of this.
However, I think Warehouse level requirement should be gradated, so that if I have a town of, say, 150 pop, I don't have to build all the way to 20! I understand the thrust of it, but there is an imbalance there, i.e. a somewhat nonsensical standard.

In short, why not tie the necessary Warehouse level to population?

Addendum: anticipating possible exploits; I suppose then someone could demolish some buildings to reduce population, and thus decrease their Warehouse requirement. Is that really an exploit, though, or a realistic choice and sacrifice? "We're about to move, everyone. Tear down some of those added wings and let some of our citizens go on leave until we've relocated and rebuilt to prior levels."
elguapoz View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 12:10
Guys - I like the concept but the building level reduction seems a bit severe.  I find it hard to believe that such a severe reduction in building levels is actually being implemented.  I've been playing for 1.5 years and used a lot of prestige to increase the size of my cities.  If I wish to move them, like everybody else, to 7 food plots then it will take me SIX months to restore my building levels.  And the prestige I purchased and subsequently spent was a waste.
I'll be honest and say that although I am invested in the game and very interested in where it's going this decision is enough to make me consider giving it up.  It's hard to swallow that I'll have to work for 6 months to get back to where I am now...
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 12:32
No one is forcing you to move your cities.  The concept is that it's an alternative to razing your own towns and rebuilding them elsewhere. If you haven't considered razing them then I don't think it's worth your time to move them either. I'm only moving one of my cities, one with mostly lower level buildings, there's no way I'm moving my larger cities.
tallica View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 15:12
For all those people complaining about having to build up the Warehouse to level 20 just to have it knocked down to 12:

The previous alternative for us to move our towns was to have the city besieged and destroyed, then send out settlers and start over.

This new option is 12x better than before, at least now I'll have my towns starting off at level 12 buildings, rather than level 0.

Exodus isn't meant for newbs, it's for players with more than one town, for us to finally be able to put our capitals on 7-food plots without having to destroy our capital and start a new town, and for us to fix mistakes we made when we ourselves were newbs.

Stop complaining about it, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to move!
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 15:24
OK, why are the BIG players complaining about the WH20??? The smaller players i can understand, it's difficult getting there the first time, and takes a while. what self respecting city won't have the LIMIT in storage capacity? Thats basically the FIRST building you should get to 20 (except for barracks if you're really militant).

EDIT: Removed a part that related to a post in this thread that doesn't exist (cause my brain is rebelling on me)

Edited by Smoking GNU - 30 Sep 2011 at 15:31
pfragment View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 16:17
This is EPIC
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 16:46
Originally posted by tallica tallica wrote:

For all those people complaining about having to build up the Warehouse to level 20 just to have it knocked down to 12:

The previous alternative for us to move our towns was to have the city besieged and destroyed, then send out settlers and start over.

This new option is 12x better than before, at least now I'll have my towns starting off at level 12 buildings, rather than level 0.

Exodus isn't meant for newbs, it's for players with more than one town, for us to finally be able to put our capitals on 7-food plots without having to destroy our capital and start a new town, and for us to fix mistakes we made when we ourselves were newbs.

Stop complaining about it, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to move!

More than 12x better since you keep all your research also, /me had a city seiged to move just before first announcemnt of exodusCry
Kabu View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 16:51
I have two questions:

1) If I lose resource plots, does the system keep the ones with the highest levels? From left to right on the city map? From the first one in the Resources list?

2) From what I read, we don't lose researched skills that required buildings above level 12, but I want to confirm this: if I had, say, researched Ward of Insanity (requires Mage Tower level 13), will I still be able to cast it with my level 12 Mage Tower? In other words, does the level requirement only apply to the research or does it apply to the ability to cast as well?

Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic