Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed29SEPT11 Moving Cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 29SEPT11 Moving Cities
    Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 22:48
When a city Exoduses to a Sov 5, it will cancel the Sov costs and benefits to the claiming city.  Right now, there is a glitch that will reflect the Sov 5, if placed by another city, as still in place on the world map but it is not actually a Sov 5 sq.  Example is El_Jeffe's city Justice which is shown as occupying a Sov 5 from his city Honor.  

If the Sov 5 is created by the city doing the Exodus, the Sov 5 will immediately disappear from the map as soon as the moving city launches on Exodus.

Using the Sov 5 tactic causes no additional negatives to the Exodusing city.
Morwen Silverleaf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 22:40
OK, then here's a question for you: If a person goes through all that (claiming sov, then "exodussing" their first city over to the sov square), and then lets the sov lapse, or ends sov, or whatever you call it (sorry, new player), what then happens to the city that was moved there? Does it just become a city sitting on a non-sov square, or does something terrible happen to it?
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 22:36
Thanks. Well, it's gonna be a long, hard road . . .  :)
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 17:26
The Sov 5 is for Exodus only.  It does not apply to Teneril's Teleportation Spell.
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 13:16
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Originally posted by fluffy fluffy wrote:

10 squares is a pain.  Specially when suspended accounts count...in newbie protection no less.  really?
We will shortly be dropping (suspended) player counted in the exclusion and adding the sov 5 changes.
These changes have been made...

Does Sov 5 also cover relocate? As in, I've never moved my capital, and want to move it now next to my other village - but there are some "within ten" neighbors (whom I've contacted, and all are ok with my move, BTW) ... do I have to wait until I can exodus, or will having sov 5 on the square next to my village allow me to use Tenaril to relocate my capital to the sov square?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 20:51
Note that the original post is inaccurate in its description of ongoing research preventing a city from moving.  Only units on missions (e.g. armies outside the city) or ongoing buildings prevent Exodus.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 06:45
Since the city that is still on the ground (former second city) is now both the capital and the only city that "exists" in the mind of they system, my understanding is that a 0-population city with the research that was completed in the former second city will respawn in another area of the map.  I don't recall whether this actually occurred during the H? pursuit of St Jude.
Rohk View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 06:39
This question came up in GC and I was wondering what the answer would be from the Devs as I have no idea what would happen but some interesting possibilities came to mind. I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

A starting player builds up two cities and exoduses the first one. While it is in motion, the stationary city gets sieged to the ground. What happens to that player and their city?

Does the exodus instantly finish? Is the account unusable until the exodus is finished? Is the exodus cancelled? Does it act like all the player's cities have been razed and the player gets to start again while selecting a city spot?

Annibal FW View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 20:50
may i suggest that this should be copied to the help section - strategies etc - im sorry if this has already been said 
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 19:42
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

From the original post:

If the city you have chosen to move is your capital city, then your capital city will change to your largest non-moving city.  We will also be introducing a mechanism to allow players to change their capital city at will.

Has this mechanism been implemented?  

Not yet. I guess it will arrive soon though.

Currently there is no particular advantage to having a capitol as a particular city that I am aware of other than for players close to achieving 10 cities.

Well there are 2 things you can only do with capital.

You can only use tenaril spell of teleportation on capital and there is a discovery famine only available for capitals after you acquire 10th town...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic