Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step by Step Guide to Using Illy Magic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 03:33
Now that I'm looking into majic and such.. THIS WAS GREAT MARA!! Still confusing in my mind.. but your guide is on point! I will study this a bit more and become more confused, not because of your guide, I just am backwards that way
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 16:32
Magic is well, a hard area to get on top of. But it is useful for attacking other players without sending troops. I approve (as if it matters any).
Teragram View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teragram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 16:34
I take it there is no way to identify caster with magics that are instant for cast and duration. Doesn't that make for an excellent attack? Leaves no room for retaliation. The downside being cool down period is long, 8 hours after casting plague of locust.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The_Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 17:18
Originally posted by Teragram Teragram wrote:

I take it there is no way to identify caster with magics that are instant for cast and duration. Doesn't that make for an excellent attack? Leaves no room for retaliation. The downside being cool down period is long, 8 hours after casting plague of locust.
Correct.
TribalTrouble View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TribalTrouble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 03:26
I'm reading I read this just now, and I found a couple errors 
"Step 2: Click on the Current Active Spells side button. This page shows hostile spells cast by you, hostile spells cast on you, friendly spells cast by you, and friendly spells cast by you"
friendly spells cast by you, and
friendly spells cast by you?

"Casting Spells 
Step 1: To cast a spell on your own town, click on the Cast Spell side button on the Magic menu button. To cast a spell on another town, click on that town in the World Map or click on a Player's name, click on View Towns, and the click on the desired town."
and then click on the desired town. 
then, not the.

Should probably be fixed. :)

Great work overall! Teaches a lot :]

Edited by TribalTrouble - 12 Feb 2013 at 03:39
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 12:09
Brilliant Mara...just Brilliant.. an opus to be sure.

I do have some questions though: Do the moon's cycles play apart in magic? Waxing to full... greater range? more potency? what?

Obviously I'm a newbie but I can only suppose the moon cycles mean something? Can you or one of the other players elaborate on this?...Thanks Smile Dragonwort
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 17:55
The fuller the moon, the more spell power your spell will have and the longer the range will be (by a few percentage points).  The more spell power in a spell, the harder it is to break.  So for example if you are casting a blight shield, it is best to cast under a full moon (and to be an elf).  Spell power is irrelevant to spell effect.  (What it does, such as the increase in resource production or number of units killed.)  The difference in spell range under a full moon is so small as to be nearly meaningless.

Edited by Rill - 11 Feb 2014 at 17:57
Binky the Berserker View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Binky the Berserker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 18:33
the difference is 7%. can make a big difference when a town is out of reach without those 7%
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 23:32
Okay....thanks Rill and Binky....good to know. Smile DW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic