Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step by Step Guide to Using Illy Magic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dakota Strider View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Strider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 14:32
Very impressive Mara, thanks for the effort, and for sharing.
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebcalen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 19:15
This is the first time that I have seen subject of Magic set out like this in Illyriad. It is such a great help. Thank you very much
GreatDane View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatDane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 06:16

Fantastic work Mara, thank you for sharing it with the Illy community

Edited by GreatDane - 10 Apr 2012 at 06:39
If
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 23:21
Dakota Strider, Celebcalen, and GreatDane,

Thank you, and you're welcome.

It'll also take some work to maintain the guide! I just added the descriptions for the first 2 advanced magic buildings.
Marquesta View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marquesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 08:01
 Well done! In favorites!Star
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 08:51
go Mara!
Gaius Flavius V View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaius Flavius V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 20:15
Thanks for this guide, it is very useful. 

When I look at the range of my offensive spells, they differ a lot from what is listed here. 

For example, for rapid oxidation my capital's base spell range is 20 and for carrigen's lethargy 50, whereas here they are listed as 50 and 100. I have all magic research completed.

I tried carrigen's from a distance of 60 and it seems to have worked (did not fail) but I wonder why these range discrepancies? Anybody knows?

Edited by Gaius Flavius V - 18 Mar 2012 at 20:15
Gaius Flavius
WightNolf View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WightNolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 23:14
Nicely done Mara Clap

Ofwgkta
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 03:15
Thank you, NightWolf. I'm glad you find the guide helpful.

Gaius Flavius V, I believe all the ranges in this guide are correct at the moment. Shortly after I made this guide, the developers changed the interface for spells so that the not-yet-released Mana Projector building's influence on spells would be shown. Now the ranges don't read as being as far anymore--as you noticed--yet the ranges in this guide still seem to be correct. This is a bit confusing, and I'd also be interested in knowing if this is just a bug that will be fixed in the upcoming magic changes or if we're just misunderstanding something.
Saladin The Zephyr View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin The Zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 14:59
Love this Mara.

GM's can you clarify the above point's re range - rather confusing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic