Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NPC Difficulty Guide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
phitones View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phitones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:49
sorry for my clumsy question but : how i can use this figures?
Embarrassed
Nirod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nirod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 14:06
Logic... thank you!
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Createure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 13:50
No prob! It is something that interest me so no trouble explaining.

Yeh you can explain this thing with this statement:
Quote (Spread evenly across all troop types)

So for example your army has twice as much strength* as your target. This means you will take 50% losses.

If you apply this to your troops evenly you with lose 50% of 30 swordsmen (15 casualties) and 50% of 1 archer (0.5 casualty, rounded down to 0 [casualties are always rounded down])
Nirod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nirod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 13:44
Thank you for your answer... really helpful.
One question: I've sent an army with something like 30 swordsman and 1 t1 archer. Not just once. I had swords casualties but the archer never died... Why?
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Createure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 13:37
all attack at same time Niro.

First - a combined offense strength is summed across all troops in your whole army. (modfied by terrain/commanders/prestige)

Second - combined defence strength is summed across defenders' troops. (modified by terrain/commanders/prestige/walls)

Third - The victor is decided based on who has the greater strength*.

Fourth - The victor's(s') losses are calculated based on the ratio between their own strength* and the loser's(s') strength*. E.G. If the attacker had x10 more strength* than the defender - then the attacker would lose 10% of their army. (Spread evenly across all troop types)

There are a few more intricacies than that - but this is pretty much the basics.
(*denotes strength altered by modfiers)

To work on improving your combat ratios you need to think about altering the modifiers.

For example - altering the composition of troops in your army will alter the way terrain modifiers affect you in the battle - which will give you a greater (or lower) army strength* - when your losses are calculated the loser will then have a lower (or greater) strength* compared to yourself and you will lose a lower (or greater) percentage of your army.

Edited by Createure - 29 Nov 2011 at 13:43
Nirod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nirod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 11:39
Is there any order in which the attack/defense is taking place? For example, if I sent 20 swordsman and 10 bow how will the fight take place? First the strongest attack units or ... ?
Thank you!
Yso Sris View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yso Sris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 23:53
Manannan   now I need to figure out what terrain does as a variable... so say 50 calv against 50 archers, you could take calv attack against archer defense (are battles 1 round only??? with attack on the part of the attacker and defense on the part of the defender?) and what would terrain add- Say plains, is that a defense hit on the archers, say -20-30% and then an offense bonus for the calv say 20-30%? Then also commander skills add -alot- of possible variables.

Edited by Yso Sris - 20 Oct 2011 at 23:53
-Molg
Yso Sris View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yso Sris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 23:38
Originally posted by Gossip Boy Gossip Boy wrote:

sent an army of 665 t1 human cavalry with a commander having full charge and heroism against a legion of giant rats on plains.will share the outcome after a couple of hours

awesome 

Also fairly clear mini-guide Manannanaana

Edited by Yso Sris - 20 Oct 2011 at 23:39
-Molg
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tordenkaffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 17:29
If SC and TC made fluffy slippers as merchandise I would buy a pair :) But they would have to come with a guarantee for my feets level of toastiness :D

Excellent work on the guide Manny
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 17:28
I agree with Yso that experience received ought to better reflect the toughness of the target you're attacking/being attacked by.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic