Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Basic Self Defense for New Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 17:18
Honestly, I don't believe it is coincidence. Wasn't Demolition a skill added after the fact? Either way they attached it to the skill for a building most believe is disposable. Seems quite clear to me.
Bonfyr Verboo
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 17:28
Not sure how accurate this theory is, seeing as when demolition was incorporated into the game number of building spots= number of buildings, so getting rid of the Vault was a tad pointless.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 20:05
OIC
Bonfyr Verboo
fronfor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fronfor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 03:38
Rill, what's your opinion (and what's the general community's opinion) of a newb raiding another newb? You referenced it several times, "you are more likely to be targeted by a fellow new player," but you never actually said what you think of those attacking new players.

I've been playing Illyriad for a while — not nearly consistently or actively enough to be a vet; making no claims here — but nevertheless, a while. From this experience, I think there are some new players who don't want to just build up cities all the time. What would say about those new players who want a little fun, a little contest? Are you including them among the "cowards who try to take advantage of new players"? Are they more acceptable?
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 03:42
Generally, if a newbie attacks another newbie, the response depends on the victim. If they complain in GC, a lynch mob forms pretty quickly to intimidate some manners into the aggressor. If they choose to fight it out, people usually just advise them to stop.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 07:47
Fronfor, I think that opinions about new players attacking other new players is an interesting topic, but not the focus of this thread, which is intended to be a guide to game mechanics.  I suggest you start a topic about it elsewhere, where I'd be happy to discuss it.
Rannveig View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rannveig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 04:57
Very good tips Rill! Thanks Thumbs Up
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:17
This guide does NOT yet reflect the changes implemented on February 22, 2015.  Will update it to reflect those changes, in particular recommendations with regards to the vault, once I've had time to mull that over.
Obi-Wan View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi-Wan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 11:05
If you're having problems with defense, message somebody in the League of Assassins [LoA]. Our armies (well, mine at any rate) are available for hire (for defensive purposes only). We will help you defend against attackers, but be warned - we do charge a small cost for use of our armies, usually enough to re-build any lost units.
Jax View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 02:22
Thank you for this guide :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic