We needed a funny picture

Edited by Kurfist - 06 Sep 2011 at 04:05
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 04:16
I want to clarify that I'm not accusing anyone of wrong behavior.  I just don't think this is the best place to put information on specific alliances.  It's not personal in any way, and I'm sorry that Mara feels unappreciated.

Certainly it would be unfortunate if you chose to leave your alliance over this minor issue.  I hope you stay with the game and rejoin VIC.

Thanks for your fine work on this post Mara!
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 04:32
Originally posted by Mara Zira Mara Zira wrote:

I just quit VIC so this post wouldn't be seen purely as a disguised promotional post. What people decide to do with this thread from here on out is up to you all. After all, it was you I wrote it for.

You really should not have quite your alliance over this. You spent time on the forums trying to be helpful... +1 for you. Nevermind the critics. Anytime you put pen to paper or engage in something creative or useful you will have critics. It's the way it works. Don't even edit your post over it, don't second guess yourself. You wrote it well with good intent... 

M. 

ps -   Even in the off-chance that you really did write it as a disguised promotional post... so what. +1 more for clever marketing. 

//  when you are done reading this you will think me +1 cheezy cool for clever positive marketing... because every message i post is invariably a reflection of my person and the alliance i represent.

Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 10:37
Originally posted by Mara Zira Mara Zira wrote:

I just quit VIC so this post wouldn't be seen purely as a disguised promotional post. What people decide to do with this thread from here on out is up to you all. After all, it was you I wrote it for.

The post is an excellent help to new players who are looking for a new alliance.  The questionaire sets a standard that  every alliance - which claims to care about newbes and the community - should aspire to.  Openess about alliance membership is very important so that "misunderstandings" can be avoided.

As for The_Dude and Rill. I wouldn't worry about them, Mara Zira. Their reactions were based on plain jealousy. If the situation were reversed they wouldn't hesitate to promote themselves and/or their alliance under similar circumstances.

I urge you to return to VIC . Your work does you and them credit.  It is very imporatatnt to have helpful guides like this being produced from outside the usual "social networking gang".  
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 16:22
Mara Zira has been in this game for relativly short time but i have to say that she is one of the best players i have seen in a long time.She is great person, very helpful to all who needs advice regardles of their alliances.
She wanted to help other players with her quides and she was verry enthusiastic about it.We were all very proud on her and her guides that really are excelent work from player that has been in game for few months only.She understood game mechanics better the much older and experienced players.

Before she posted guide she asked me if it is ok to post it like that and i said that it is, and that it will be verry useful for new players since they will be able to get more precise information about alliances they migt want to join.Not for a second did i though that this could be conected with Invictus.So it was in a way my fault for not seing that side of it, and i should have known better,
 and i should have pointed that out.

It was simply misunderstanding with no fault of Mara Zira.

I really hope that she wont quit game because without enthusiastic helpful players illy would look much diferent then it does now.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 16:34
MZ,

You have misunderstood my comment concerning recruitment.  You should definitely NOT quit VIC or Illy and you should certainly continue making your step-by-step guides.   Recruiting posts are best placed in the forum section for recruiting, though.

Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 18:10
Since the general feeling is that I should re-join Invictus, I have. I missed them (even for such a short time) because they're my family on the game. That's what a good alliance is, and I hope all players who want to be in an alliance find the alliance that's right FOR THEM and find that friendship.

I hope that alliances will at least have their answers to my Guide's questions on their alliance summary page because I think the answers will be very useful in helping players get matched up with the right alliance, and we all want that (I assume).
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 19:03
I really like your thread, Mara!

A couple suggestions. I would suggest that players not join an alliance for a while when they are first starting out. Or join an alliance but not move their city. This way they can really get a feel for what alliances are out there and which fit them the best. I think far too many players end up leaving Illy because they relocate to be near their alliance who they jumped into precipitously and they're stuck!

Secondly, I'd list Toothless? as an example of a training alliance along with the other two. It's the oldest one and has had literally hundreds of players go through it successfully and move onto other alliances when they are mature.

Imo, it's a great write-up! Thanks!

Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 20:09
Very good points, Kumomoto. Also, I knew that I was missing a training alliance (or more) from my list, but I just couldn't remember who. I'll add T? to the list since I didn't intend to leave them out. Smile
Sheogorath View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 22:01
I actually agree with Mara, If people want to look up a specific alliance sure they can go to the Alliance recruitment section, but If someone wants to just quickly look at a couple alliances and their basic views and rules they can come to this page. Either way it works.
=Colonialism At Its Finest=
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic